Typhon Castle mamba 2 or hobbywing max8?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratonage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
What experiences of both or opinions do you guys got for a upgraded esc for the typhon or arrma 1/8 for that matter?:rolleyes:

Lots of people like both. Been hearing lots of good about max8 lately. And with hobbywing north American the customer service for hobbywing is much better than its been in the past. Im going for the max8 combo for my talion. Bit cheeper too. I just gotta save the scoots. A few members on here just got the max8 and They are more than happy. Hope this helps

Lots of people like both. Been hearing lots of good about max8 lately. And with hobbywing north American the customer service for hobbywing is much better than its been in the past. Im going for the max8 combo for my talion. Bit cheeper too. I just gotta save the scoots. A few members on here just got the max8 and They are more than happy. Hope this helps

Thanks darak for your input!!!! :cool:

I have a bunch of the Castle's and I love them. I know you can get new ones on Tower Hobbies and use their coupon codes to save a good chunk off the price.

I have a bunch of the Castle's and I love them. I know you can get new ones on Tower Hobbies and use their coupon codes to save a good chunk off the price.

Cool i saw a brand new mamba monster 2 esc on ebay for $119 free first class shipping. Was debating on buying it.

I have a Kraton with the mamba monster x, and a senton with the max8. both esc's provide a HUGE upgrade over stock. at this point I can't see either one being "better" than the other. I would recommend getting whichever you can get for a better price, or whatever you feel more comfortable with. I know some people shy away from hobbywing because they are a "chinese knock off" I've had great luck with mine.
If you are going the castle route, I would recommend the mamba monster x over the mamba monster 2. simply due to the much more powerful bec.

I have a Kraton with the mamba monster x, and a senton with the max8. both esc's provide a HUGE upgrade over stock. at this point I can't see either one being "better" than the other. I would recommend getting whichever you can get for a better price, or whatever you feel more comfortable with. I know some people shy away from hobbywing because they are a "chinese knock off" I've had great luck with mine.
If you are going the castle route, I would recommend the mamba monster x over the mamba monster 2. simply due to the much more powerful bec.

I agree.

You can pick up a hobbywing pretty cheap online, but if you do - jump to the max6. for a few extra bucks, it will give you some piece of mind. also, pick up the wifi module. You can configure it with your phone and its super easy. Logs data, etc. @travis328 is right, mamba x is better bet over the 2 if you go the castle route.

I’m currently asking myself the same question. Think I want a hobby wing I don’t ever plan on running my kraton on anymore than 6s and it’s still ok to run a max 6? For like cooling purposes?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back