Kraton Castle Mamba 8S and 1717 Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackops

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I finally got some more parts in the mail after a while backorder and wait. So I started to assemble my Kraon 6S EXB build.

The question I have is

1. How do you attach the ESC to the 6S EXB? Since the Castle Mamba 8S ESC there is no screw holes or attachment locations that I can see. So did not know do you just use double sided sticky tape or am I just missing something on how screws would be used?

2. For the servo what servo horn with the 6S EXB did you use or recommend? Since the Spektrum one that came with it I don't think works or I can't figure out how to get it to work. So I believe I need to get a new servo horn.

3. Do you use blue locktite on the screws for the sliding motor mount and motor or do I just use bare screws?

Thanks

So I finally got some more parts in the mail after a while backorder and wait. So I started to assemble my Kraon 6S EXB build.

The question I have is

1. How do you attach the ESC to the 6S EXB? Since the Castle Mamba 8S ESC there is no screw holes or attachment locations that I can see. So did not know do you just use double sided sticky tape or am I just missing something on how screws would be used?

2. For the servo what servo horn with the 6S EXB did you use or recommend? Since the Spektrum one that came with it I don't think works or I can't figure out how to get it to work. So I believe I need to get a new servo horn.

3. Do you use blue locktite on the screws for the sliding motor mount and motor or do I just use bare screws?

Thanks
1: I used 3M VHB double sided tape. You will need to trim the stock tray where there is a ridge. Just slice that ridge off and make the tray flat.

2: The EXB now come with a 23T horn and most servos are 25T. You’ll need to buy the V1-V4 horn.

3: For sure use a dab of blue TL. Make sure the screws are cleaned of factory oil or existing TL. Don’t completely cover the screws either. A little dab on the end is plenty

file this down use double sided tape an/or zip ties

PXL_20210719_002632124.MP.jpg

@jondilly1974 and @JABzNY1 thanks appreciate it. Never would have thought to find that lip down. Is there a good or better orientation to mount the ESC or just depends on your setup?

I was thinking this way but haven't thought it all the way through for everything else. Just my initial thought.

PXL_20210724_051311370.jpg

@jondilly1974 and @JABzNY1 thanks appreciate it. Never would have thought to find that lip down. Is there a good or better orientation to mount the ESC or just depends on your setup?

I was thinking this way but haven't thought it all the way through for everything else. Just my initial thought.

View attachment 159943
I have my motor wires towards the motor, power wires towards the front. It I don’t think it really matters as long as you can make your wires long enough.

@jondilly1974 thanks kind of what I was thinking. If the wires won't reach them they optimal orientation sucks then LOL

So another question I noticed this, this morning when working on the build again.
Is this of concern, as in should I return and get a replacement? Or should I just out some heat shrink over it and call it a day? Also did not know if they sold just wire so I could solder on a new piece?

PXL_20210724_135113694~2.jpg

PXL_20210724_135122495~2.jpg

@jondilly1974 thanks kind of what I was thinking. If the wires won't reach them they optimal orientation sucks then LOL

So another question I noticed this, this morning when working on the build again.
Is this of concern, as in should I return and get a replacement? Or should I just out some heat shrink over it and call it a day? Also did not know if they sold just wire so I could solder on a new piece?

View attachment 159994

View attachment 159995
I don’t think it’s a big deal, but a piece of tape or heat shrink wouldn’t be a hard thing to do either.

Gotcha thanks @jondilly1974 I didn't think it would be an issue but then I don't know since this is really me building out first RC and just a bit to cautious. That is until I get it built then bash it and eventually break it. Then hopefully I will be good and continue learning 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back