Castle mamba monster 2 has driven me 2 the edge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happy673

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
So I have a kraton with a castle mamba monster 2200kv 1515 motor , was working ok but was getting low voltage cutoff when a couple of times because some dirty pos at the hobby shop sold me 14 gauge adapter to run to batteries that I didn't need. I figured it out and ditched the adapter and put a 10 gauge lead from positive to positive making a series connection for two batteries.

Ran for less than 2 minutes and cut out. All the previous times it would restart but this time it wouldn't so I took the mamba monster speed control from my E-Revo and put it in the Kraton. It turned right on but no throttle just steering worked. So I unplugged batteries and was reading to figure out wtf was happening. Plugged batteries back in and turn on, nothing, zip,zero,nada.

What's going on. Help. I'm ready to throw them both out the window!

@Happy673 sounds like you've got a lot of moving targets going on right now. I'd start by going back to the basics...
  1. Put your battery on the charger and get it fully charged. I'd probably go ahead and do a balance charge while you're at it.
  2. Next unplug everything from the receiver and then reconnect everything paying close attention that everything is being plugged in correctly:
    tactic-tr326-receiver.png.jpg

3. Then do the same for the motor and and ESC, ensuring everything is plugged in as needed.
  4. Once your batteries are fully charged, put them in the Kraton. Then turn on the transmitter, then the Kraton.

Try that and let us know how it goes.

Turns out the internal bec blew. I'm not exactly sure why. I put an external bec in and there back up and running. I bit the bullet and bought a brand new castle mamba monster x because I didn't really like the way the additional wiring looked from the external bec. I only bought one so I still have another castle mamba monster that I have to run an external bec on. I didn't want to buy two brand new esc's . Thanks for everyone's input about the issues I was having. My servos are high torque and draw a lot of power so I assume that is what damaged the internal bec' s . No problem with the new X, so far.

Turns out the internal bec blew. I'm not exactly sure why. I put an external bec in and there back up and running. I bit the bullet and bought a brand new castle mamba monster x because I didn't really like the way the additional wiring looked from the external bec. I only bought one so I still have another castle mamba monster that I have to run an external bec on. I didn't want to buy two brand new esc's . Thanks for everyone's input about the issues I was having. My servos are high torque and draw a lot of power so I assume that is what damaged the internal bec' s . No problem with the new X, so far.
I have a savage flux that I bought used. It came with the original blur esc in it which was a MMv1. I only have one servo and the receiver powered from it. It seemed to do fine for the 6 months I ran it. I got the MMX/2200kv system for it so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it wet. So far, it's doing ok as well.

It came with a hitec HS-7955TG servo, 333oz @ 6V. Not sure the amperage it pulls, but it's the most expensive/powerful servo I own.

Never thought to look to see what amperage it pulls, 4.3A stall. The MMX supplies 8A peak, so guessing I'm safe. I don't see on castle's site what the MMv2 amps are for the BEC. Seems like something they should make a point to list. If you look at one of the MMv2/combo listings, it shows that it's also 8A peak. So, that would suggest if you cooked the one in the MMv2, you will also cook the one in the MMX.

I have a savage flux that I bought used. It came with the original blur esc in it which was a MMv1. I only have one servo and the receiver powered from it. It seemed to do fine for the 6 months I ran it. I got the MMX/2200kv system for it so I wouldn't have to worry about getting it wet. So far, it's doing ok as well.

It came with a hitec HS-7955TG servo, 333oz @ 6V. Not sure the amperage it pulls, but it's the most expensive/powerful servo I own.

Never thought to look to see what amperage it pulls, 4.3A stall. The MMX supplies 8A peak, so guessing I'm safe. I don't see on castle's site what the MMv2 amps are for the BEC. Seems like something they should make a point to list. If you look at one of the MMv2/combo listings, it shows that it's also 8A peak. So, that would suggest if you cooked the one in the MMv2, you will also cook the one in the MMX.
I hope that doesn't happen, I know that my servo isn't pulling anywhere near 8v. I have the internal bec set at 6v. Everything is working well so far . I think something else must of occurred to cause the internal bec failure. I could install another external bec and run the servo off of it but I don't like the additional wiring nor the bec itself. It just looks sloppy in my opinion. Tell me what you think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back