Castle mamba monster esc and 2200 kv motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sp1976

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
Running a castle mamba monster esc and 2200 kv in Kraton exb. The motor is 40 (41.5 with fins) x 75. This is a bit larger than the 2050 firma that is stock in the blx. 40x70 is the firma size.
Current gearing is 50/12
I believe if I I lower the pinion to 11t, (on 6s) the rpm should be almost identical to factory set up (blx anyway- this is exb) give or take a few hundred RPM.
I added a 40mm fan.
I run the Bluetooth link for tuning. I have the punch on low and the motor turn off on 180 for temp.

With the larger can and smaller pinion, I assume more torque than the firma 2050?

Will temp be an issue? If yes, should I up the spur gear from 50 to maybe 55?
On stock, it does hit 180 and shuts off.

If I cannot get it right with this set up, I am thinking I may move to the castle 1717 motor. If I can keep the esc I would like to. I fear it will be difficult to get the monster 8s in the space I have….

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

the 1717 fits like a charm and no heat issues what so ever even on a 20t pinion.:)

kraton2.jpg

I have the MMX 8s and 1717 1650kv turning an 18T pinion in my Kraton. The motor never got above 108F in 75F weather, even when I didn't have a fan on it. I put the fan on it as a precaution in hotter weather. I had no issues installing the system: I'm using Gorilla clear double-sided tape for the ESC, and the aluminum switch mount is from practicalproto.com.

Kraton motor and ESC.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back