Castle mamba monster x 2200 or 1800?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Outcastblxnut

Send it...bend it...mend it🤪
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
So I’m in the market for a new motor combo. Is the castle gonna be enough for my outcast. It’s pretty heavy. The 2200 motor says 6s capability the 1800 says only 4s. Do they make a 1800-2000 kv sensored motor. If they do I can’t find it. Or Is it better to go with a max 5? Thanks in advance to all the motor heads?????

MM2 over the MMX unless you absolutely need a sensored motor, most bashers will never notice the difference to be honest, then get either the Hobbystar 4092 or the Hobbywing 4985.
If going Hobbywing no need for the Max5 the Max6 is a better choice just because it is cheaper.

I'm running the MM2 4985 combo, @bicketybam has the Max6 with the 4092 and iirc @Mr.Duke is running the Max6 with the 4985.

Castle currently does not have a great motor for this application.
In another thread Robert from Castle hinted about some new motor offerings coming later this year from Castle Creations that will be better suited for our heavy 1/8 rigs....

Castle currently does not have a great motor for this application.
In another thread Robert from Castle hinted about some new motor offerings coming later this year from Castle Creations that will be better suited for our heavy 1/8 rigs....
I might take that hint and wait.

I wanna be the different guy everyone has the max6

If it get one of those. I can’t brag to ya mine is better???

Not installed yet but I have the MM2 and a very inexpensive Surpass-Hobby Rocket 4092 / 1650kv going in the Mojave as soon as I get the time to do everything. Can't comment on what it'll do yet but I've heard good things. $160 total package for me. My objective is low kv torque and cooler running so I can fit a bigger pinion.

Not installed yet but I have the MM2 and a very inexpensive Surpass-Hobby Rocket 4092 / 1650kv going in the Mojave as soon as I get the time to do everything. Can't comment on what it'll do yet but I've heard good things. $160 total package for me. My objective is low kv torque and cooler running so I can fit a bigger pinion.

Your next video is gonna look like the scene in Back to the Future when Marty hits 88mph ? you’re gonna leave flaming tracks ???

Are you building a speed rig? Or a general basher?

I just put the max6 in my outcast with the blx2050kv motor. With the blx185, the trencher 3.8's keep my gearing around 13T if I want to run in grass a lot, or it overheats. The stock motor seems to keep cool enough, but the esc doesn't. Hoping the extra grunt the max6 has will allow me to run the 14T this year. If not, I'll be hunting for a more torqy motor.

I have the same setup in my ERBEv2 now too. Same wheels/tires on it, but it's overall quite a bit lighter than the outcast. It did ok with the MMv2/2200kv on 6S until the MMv2 died inexplicably. I replaced it with a MMv1, but it was glitchy, which is why I changed to the max6. With it and the 2050kv, it's as smooth as butter now with more speed than I can deal with in most cases... although, I think I did go up a tooth or two on the pinion when I put the max6 in it... irrelevant for your purposes.

Are you building a speed rig? Or a general basher?
Just building for bashing but my concern is to keep temps down and to have more pinion options. I want it to be faster but not necessarily built for speed runs. Really an experiment to find a sweet spot between good temps, great torque, good speed.

I’d really like to try sensored after seeing some vids of the new 8s system
I have the MMX/2200kv sensored in my savage flux and it runs hot on 6S... still trying to figure out good gearing for it. I've geared it down about as far as I can go at the moment and so far, it's ok, but the motor does run warm as does the esc. Again, running the trencher 3.8s... lol!

One issue I had with it is that if I got it wet at all, it would reboot repeatedly until it dried off. The way castle put the main plug for everything was kind of stupid as it allows water to just sit around the pins. Would have been better if they had it come out the side or used a sealed receptacle of some sort.

I just put the max6 in my outcast with the blx2050kv motor. The trencher 3.8's keep my gearing around 13T if I want to run in grass a lot, or it overheats. The stock motor seems to keep cool enough, but the esc doesn't. Hoping the extra grunt the max6 has will allow me to run the 14T this year. If not, I'll be hunting for a more torqy motor.

I have the same setup in my ERBEv2 now too. Same wheels/tires on it, but it's overall quite a bit lighter than the outcast. It did ok with the MMv2/2200kv on 6S until the MMv2 died inexplicably. I replaced it with a MMv1, but it was glitchy, which is why I changed to the max6. With it and the 2050kv, it's as smooth as butter now with more speed than I can deal with in most cases... although, I think I did go up a tooth or two on the pinion when I put the max6 in it... irrelevant for your purposes.
If castle doesn’t hurry up I’m sure that’s what I’ll go with
Ok you twisted my arm max 6 it is

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back