Kraton Castle mamba x 2 motor and esc combo problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I have. Twice. Early signs that motor is about to lock up. Something is going on with Castle. I just switched to Leopard 4092 motor.

Yes, I have. Twice. Early signs that motor is about to lock up. Something is going on with Castle. I just switched to Leopard 4092 motor.

Damn that sucks :( Thanks for the heads up

How come you guys opted for the castle vs stock? or are you taking about v1 kraton

I got the v1 kraton with the hit or miss esc and motor.

How come you guys opted for the castle vs stock? or are you taking about v1 kraton
Running v2. Reason for going with Castle is they have more power and speed and supposedly more dependable. I have one Momba monster 2 that is durable and fast, however the last 2 that I bought have locked up within the first week of ownership. And temp is not the problem, 163 when they crapped out. Installing a Leopard now. I think Castle has a quality control problem.

Running v2. Reason for going with Castle is they have more power and speed and supposedly more dependable. I have one Momba monster 2 that is durable and fast, however the last 2 that I bought have locked up within the first week of ownership. And temp is not the problem, 163 when they crapped out. Installing a Leopard now. I think Castle has a quality control problem.

Wow ok well if the castle motors are less than a year from purchase i believe theres a warranty for them. I gotta check when i purchased mines but seems over a year now. Im testing the hobbywing max8 combo in my v1 arrma typhon and so far happy with the results. Gotta put several more packs through it and ill report back.

I think the v2 setup has pretty good power. Though I have seen some videos of people using the Leopard motor and that thing looks absolutely insane. I have heard bad things about castle lately... not sure what is going on. The castle motor/esc combo in the E-Revo's seem to be pretty sweet.

Update* ever since replacing my monster truck tires for race truggy tires the throttle issue appears to have disappeared.

I see something similar with my Maba X and Castle 1515. The throttle just doesn't do anything when I pull the trigger. I've also noticed if I bring the Kraton back to me and stop, the ESC sometimes beeps as if I have a 3s battery, then a 2s a little later. The ESC does however cut off at the correct voltages of 3.4 - 3.2 per cell. This occurs more often when running hard, like full throttle up and down the grass for a good 10 minutes. I also have a water issue. When the Kraton get soaked the ESC gets stuck in the "on" position. The switch does nothing at all. I've sealed the switch with silicone, so its not in the switch. Still haven't traced it down.

I was running the castle 2200KV motor and the Castle esc with gearing that was too tall. The esc kept going into thermal protection. Not sure if this what's happening to you but could be part of the problem. I'm currently running that seems Castle motor with Leopard 160A esc. After going down to 13T pinion gear haven't had a problem. Only running the Leopard esc because I thought that was the issue, but it's working great so leaving it.

I was running the castle 2200KV motor and the Castle esc with gearing that was too tall. The esc kept going into thermal protection. Not sure if this what's happening to you but could be part of the problem. I'm currently running that seems Castle motor with Leopard 160A esc. After going down to 13T pinion gear haven't had a problem. Only running the Leopard esc because I thought that was the issue, but it's working great so leaving it.

Interesting, that very well maybe be what is happening to me. This doesn't seem to happen when my son is driving as he doesn't run as hard as I do. That and when I ran around the house monday it didnt happen, I also didnt run as hard then either. Pretty sure I am running a 16T pinion, and may have a somewhat weak solder at my ESC. Waiting for my Castle link to arrive for a better understanding.

It's worth a shot man. My 13T is still geared for about 65mph and I haven't had any issues. It does run on the hotter side though .

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back