Castle MM2 vs MMX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of speed are you getting with the stock motor on castle esc's? Asking because im about ready to upgrade my esc.
I personally have been 119mph. Anxious to get out and do another run because I never hit full throttle. (I have data logs to prove it.)
RPMs on the gearing calculator indicate I was actually doing 130mph but didn't hold it long enough for the GPS to record it.

As another example here is a video from Kenny going 143mph, who also had the factory BLX 2050kv motor in his Senton 6s (very similar to the Typhon 6s)

I personally have been 119mph. Anxious to get out and do another run because I never hit full throttle. (I have data logs to prove it.)
RPMs on the gearing calculator indicate I was actually doing 130mph but didn't hold it long enough for the GPS to record it.

As another example here is a video from Kenny going 143mph, who also had the factory BLX 2050kv motor in his Senton 6s (very similar to the Typhon 6s)

Thanks man. Looks like the stock motor is plenty capable. Now to figure out which esc to get and see what she can do!
Appreciate the info

Thanks man. Looks like the stock motor is plenty capable. Now to figure out which esc to get and see what she can do!
Appreciate the info
310B31D8-5BDE-4E31-9E9F-121B5065CBFC.jpeg

There will people who say the XLX is better, but with their history of going up in flames my money is on the MMX8s all day long!

View attachment 78781
My LHS is getting a batch in this week, so I will lay down the cash for the MMX8s. Exciting!!!!
Seems like the best choice for the money.
Would you guys mind giving me some pointers on steering. Did a run few runs yesterday and today speeds around mid 90's mph. I seem to be fighting to keep my typhoon straight. Any pointers on setup ( Car & Transmitter) would be much appreciated.

My LHS is getting a batch in this week, so I will lay down the cash for the MMX8s. Exciting!!!!
Seems like the best choice for the money.
Would you guys mind giving me some pointers on steering. Did a run few runs yesterday and today speeds around mid 90's mph. I seem to be fighting to keep my typhoon straight. Any pointers on setup ( Car & Transmitter) would be much appreciated.

For the radio I highly recommend looking into a Futaba radio with FASST protocol. It is their longest range radio system. I was able to find a 3PM MX on eBay for 60.00 and then had to separately purchase the FASST receiver for around 60.00. All in for $120 and it has range to handle 140mph no problem. Well over 1200 ft in each direction.

I personally like my left and right side tires turning at the same speeds when going straight, so I lock my diffs with silly puddy. This makes it serviceable still. Many guys just run 200-500k fluid, some go into 500k - 2 mill range.

I did this for setting up the front toe and works well. I believe in this video I also talked about "rake" keeping the rear higher and stiffer than the front.

For the radio I highly recommend looking into a Futaba radio with FASST protocol. It is their longest range radio system. I was able to find a 3PM MX on eBay for 60.00 and then had to separately purchase the FASST receiver for around 60.00. All in for $120 and it has range to handle 140mph no problem. Well over 1200 ft in each direction.

I personally like my left and right side tires turning at the same speeds when going straight, so I lock my diffs with silly puddy. This makes it serviceable still. Many guys just run 200-500k fluid, some go into 500k - 2 mill range.

I did this for setting up the front toe and works well. I believe in this video I also talked about "rake" keeping the rear higher and stiffer than the front.
Thanks Liberty, last run I changed the front and rear diffs to 500k and that’s when I felt more unstable. I’m currently using the Radiolink Rc4gs system. Range is pretty good so far. I have set the take on the car and installed limiters on the rear. I’ll watch the video. You guys on here are super knowledgeable. I appreciate the help.
Thanks Liberty, last run I changed the front and rear diffs to 500k and that’s when I felt more unstable. I’m currently using the Radiolink Rc4gs system. Range is pretty good so far. I have set the take on the car and installed limiters on the rear. I’ll watch the video. You guys on here are super knowledgeable. I appreciate the help.
Set the rake. Stupid autocorrect.

Set the rake. Stupid autocorrect.
My guess is that the camber and toe angle need to be adjusted. These cars have suspension for off-road use so it takes some adjusting to be ready for highspeed purposes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back