Castle MMX 8S fan doesn’t power up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Order66

Lover of reproducible results
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave
  4. Talion
Installed the MMX 8S and it configured right away to running the motor, but the fan doesn’t power up. I plugged in a splitter and also tested the fan output separately after initial start up, but it doesn’t power anything

Do I need to enter programming mode to send power to the fan wires? All I’ve done so far is swap out the native K8S ESC with the MMX 8S

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 11AF266D-C439-4AD9-B525-A119C71CC369.jpeg
    11AF266D-C439-4AD9-B525-A119C71CC369.jpeg
    271.9 KB · Views: 193
The castle fan only comes on when its hot. Its a 'smart' fan. It does come on for a second or two after power up and then shuts off. You will want to run your motor fan wire to the receiver.

Hmmm. I was worried it would be something hinky like that. Thanks @Jimbobjr I’ll prob just power both fans from the receiver; I’d rather just have them blowing motor and ESC at all times. Will my BEC voltage settings still control fan speed if it’s powered from the receiver?

Hmmm. I was worried it would be something hinky like that. Thanks @Jimbobjr I’ll prob just power both fans from the receiver; I’d rather just have them blowing motor and ESC at all times. Will my BEC voltage settings still control fan speed if it’s powered from the receiver?
Yes, what ever your bec is set to it will go to the fans. I think I may do the same thing.

Installed the MMX 8S and it configured right away to running the motor, but the fan doesn’t power up. I plugged in a splitter and also tested the fan output separately after initial start up, but it doesn’t power anything

Do I need to enter programming mode to send power to the fan wires? All I’ve done so far is swap out the native K8S ESC with the MMX 8S

Thanks guys
You have to have your transmitter on for the ESC to “start”

The way Castle designed it the fan will spin for 1-2 seconds initially to let you know the fan works and then it goes back off till it is needed. I agree it is ideal to just have it blowing all the time. Either run it off the BEC or a separate battery.

The way Castle designed it the fan will spin for 1-2 seconds initially to let you know the fan works and then it goes back off till it is needed. I agree it is ideal to just have it blowing all the time. Either run it off the BEC or a separate battery.
That only happens with the transmitter on tho. It won’t do its full boot up if the receiver isn’t getting a signal.

I got a scenario for y'all….
I don't remember the sequence of what I did (this was several months ago)
After a speed pass my fan was not running and the ESC temp was relatively low around 120F according to my IR gun. I powered off the esc and then turned it back on and the ESC fan stayed on and seemed to never turn off, even when the temps went in to the 90's. Anyone else seen that behavior?

I got a scenario for y'all….
I don't remember the sequence of what I did (this was several months ago)
After a speed pass my fan was not running and the ESC temp was relatively low around 120F according to my IR gun. I powered off the esc and then turned it back on and the ESC fan stayed on and seemed to never turn off, even when the temps went in to the 90's. Anyone else seen that behavior?
No I haven’t seen that. ??‍♂️

@Jimbobjr called it. I routed both the motor fan and the esc fan to aux. Funny that the default BEC voltage is 5V- fans and steering so sluggish! Got it programmed up to 7.5 and punch set to 100%, she’s screaming again. 23T and it stands straight up with 2 x 9000 mAh 4S batteries on board!
(..and yes, I know that the Tx has to be on first when you power up the car; the fan really wasn’t turning on unless temps were up)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back