Mojave Castle MMX 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jminjares

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m currently waiting on the stock esc to be off of back order because mine just went bad not too long ago. I already went through HH to see if they could fix it and they’re sending me a new one when there’s more but I am pretty impatient. I saw others use Castle MMX 8S as a nice replacement upgrade. Is it pretty much an easy plug and play or what modifications do I need to do?

On the stock ESC tray you will need to cut off the little raised lip of plastic next to the motor wire holder thingie. If you cut that piece of plastic off you will be able to lay the mmx8s flat on the tray and double-sided tape it

On the stock ESC tray you will need to cut off the little raised lip of plastic next to the motor wire holder thingie. If you cut that piece of plastic off you will be able to lay the mmx8s flat on the tray and double-sided tape it
the tape will hold it on? It won’t fall off?

The tape method is crap in my opinion. It comes off all the time from hard landings.

Just get an ESC cage. They are cheap. I use this one. I only used the base and the clamps and the switch holder.

RPM ESC Cage for The Castle Mamba X 8S ESC RPM70562 Electric Car/Truck Option Parts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08Z4JH3T5/

You could use a tie wrap to hold the esc in place.
If you are not set on Castle you can also consider a Max6 esc.
I used this esc mount so it can be screwed on👍
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4571103
1664869044065.jpeg

My double sided tape has worked GREAT so far but I did also start zip tying the esc to the esc tray as well just for a little insurance. I've even done this for my kraton 8s and outcast 8s with zero problems.

Maybe I just use good double sided tape? stuff is STRONG. Half my landings are on concrete, and I still have zero problems. I've had nightmares after trying to remove my rx from the rx box with this tape. It's so strong it has removed the bottom of my radiolink RX exposing the insides :eek: :ROFLMAO:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YB1ZXG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I can pick my rigs up by the esc with this tape lol. It actually takes a lot of effort to remove it.

^
Double sided tape

Last edited:
It's so strong it has removed the bottom of my radiolink RX exposing the insides :eek: :ROFLMAO:
I had the same with 3M tape. Recently switched to velcro for the RX👍.
I also have that tape in your link in the parts box, but have not tried it. Good to hear it’s strong👍.

I had the same with 3M tape. Recently switched to velcro for the RX👍.
I also have that tape in your link in the parts box, but have not tried it. Good to hear it’s strong👍.
Oh man I should be using velcro for that too! damn why didn't I think of that?!?! having to rebind those stupid radiolink rx that are taped down is pure hell. how hard is it for them to move that bind button to a better spot?!?!?1 :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Oh man I should be using velcro for that too! damn why didn't I think of that?!?! having to rebind those stupid radiolink rx that are taped down is pure hell. how hard is it for them to move that bind button to a better spot?!?!?1 :eek: :ROFLMAO:
Amen! I've forgotten to bind the receiver before putting it in the receiver box on more than one occasion: Gorilla clear double-sided tape holds all too well. It happened just a couple of weeks ago with my Corally Muraco.

Buy a bottle of Denatured (grain) alcohol and clean the areas where the tape or Velcro goes and it will stick awesome. Another good option is a product duralock by 3m which allows easy removal f the esc. The mounts above are really nice though.

shoe goo it down just ruff up the plastic a bit first make sure its clean before you stick it. done this on all my cars works perfectly

Didn't see it mentioned yet..... you may need to change the motor to ESC bullet male connectors to fit the castle mmx8s esc.
Yup stock motor is 4mm iirc the Castle is 6mm. I would have to double check the size but I know they are bigger.

My double sided tape has worked GREAT so far but I did also start zip tying the esc to the esc tray as well just for a little insurance. I've even done this for my kraton 8s and outcast 8s with zero problems.

Maybe I just use good double sided tape? stuff is STRONG. Half my landings are on concrete, and I still have zero problems. I've had nightmares after trying to remove my rx from the rx box with this tape. It's so strong it has removed the bottom of my radiolink RX exposing the insides :eek: :ROFLMAO:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YB1ZXG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I can pick my rigs up by the esc with this tape lol. It actually takes a lot of effort to remove it.

^
Double sided tape
Use floss or strong string to attack the tape from the side instead of trying to pull the device off directly 😎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back