Castle MMX8S - is the fan not running normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ypsi

Reaction score
Got my Kraton EXB all assembled finally and went outside to run it. The fan doesn't turn on when powering on the vehicle and after about 10 minutes running it still wasn't turning on. Granted, it's only about 30 degrees F outside right now so maybe it's just not running hot enough? Everything else calibrated fine, but I won't have the Castle link for a few more weeks.

The MMX6s, MMX8s, and XLX2 use a temp sensor controlled fan. It is normal for the fan to not run if the ESC is cold.
HOWEVER, there have been many issues with the blades hitting the fan cover and stopping them from spinning.

On initial turn on, the fan should turn for 1 second and turn off. This is letting you know its working. Some times I blow on the blades to make sure they are still turning freely.
If you are having interference with the fan cover most have done some light trimming on the fan blades or added a spacer to the fan cover to resolve the problem.

The MMX6s, MMX8s, and XLX2 use a temp sensor controlled fan. It is normal for the fan to not run if the ESC is cold.
HOWEVER, there have been many issues with the blades hitting the fan cover and stopping them from spinning.

On initial turn on, the fan should turn for 1 second and turn off. This is letting you know its working. Some times I blow on the blades to make sure they are still turning freely.
If you are having interference with the fan cover most have done some light trimming on the fan blades or added a spacer to the fan cover to resolve the problem.
Thanks so much. Was worried I had damaged something on the first run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back