Infraction Castle mmx8s question please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello Arma friends. I have a castle mmx8s ESC. Can the controller also cope with hv lipo batteries (4.35 volts per cell? Or am I only allowed to drive a maximum of 4.2 volts per cell. The xlx2 cannot do 4.35 volts but I can't find anything with the xlx8s controller. Thank you very much for your help. Lg

Hello Arma friends. I have a castle mmx8s ESC. Can the controller also cope with hv lipo batteries (4.35 volts per cell? Or am I only allowed to drive a maximum of 4.2 volts per cell. The xlx2 cannot do 4.35 volts but I can't find anything with the xlx8s controller. Thank you very much for your help. Lg
No. Lipo only.

This is from Castle's web site:

DO NOT RUN HV CELLS (above 4.2v/cell) WHEN RUNNING AT MAX CELL COUNT (8s). This will exceed the 33.6v rating and will damage the ESC and not be covered by the warranty.

You could run above 4.2V per cell if you limit yourself to 6s.

No HV lipos work that I know of. Even at 6s, depending on the ESC F/W, The ESC will initialize and count 6s as an over voltage. Failing the Power Up.
HV lipos are not really a thing anyway. They are out there, just not popular. All to eek out another volt or so. No great advantage even if your ESC could handle it. Which is questionable. HV lipos are expensive as well.
A sticky for sure. Answers the question.(y) With the CC ESC's. My HW XR8 Plus can also be set up for LiHV. Same way. Need to adjust the ESC LVC volts specifically. Which I do anyway.. I get better more accurate control of my LVC running standard Lipos.
However, if your charger can Only cut off a cells volts at 4.2volts, a LiHV will Never be fully charged.:rolleyes: Charger must have a Cut off volt increase adjustment. Not all can do this.
It is rare to see people run LiHV's.

Last edited:
OK. Thank you for your answers. Yes then I let it run at 4.2volt. Yes, it's true that hv lipo doesn't really pay off, especially if you kill the regulator. Thank you very much for your help friends😊👍. I am very happy with the mmx8s so far. I drive 8s with it with hobbywing 1100 kv 5687. But I want castle 1100kv big block😊. Just wait until the hobbywing is defective. But it holds up very well if you pay attention to the temp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back