Kraton Castle MMX8s settings question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Punch settings are important on a Castle ESC. The one thing to remember is that Castle does things a bit backwards: they call it punch control. With Castle punch control, the higher the number you put in, the less punch you will have. For example, 50% punch control gives less punch than 30%. This is the exact opposite of most other ESCs, where a setting of 50%, or a number of 5, provides greater punch than 30%, or a number of 3. On a Castle system, if you want wheelies, keep the punch control % low. If you want to avoid or reduce wheelies, raise the punch control % a bit. IIRC, my punch control is around 25 or 30%, and it only wheelies badly (360 degree back flips) when I mash the throttle instantaneously.

Punch settings are important on a Castle ESC. The one thing to remember is that Castle does things a bit backwards: they call it punch control. With Castle punch control, the higher the number you put in, the less punch you will have. For example, 50% punch control gives less punch than 30%. This is the exact opposite of most other ESCs, where a setting of 50%, or a number of 5, provides greater punch than 30%, or a number of 3. On a Castle system, if you want wheelies, keep the punch control % low. If you want to avoid or reduce wheelies, raise the punch control % a bit. IIRC, my punch control is around 25 or 30%, and it only wheelies badly (360 degree back flips) when I mash the throttle instantaneously.
What punch setting do you normally use?

What punch setting do you normally use?
IIRC, I have mine set for 25%. I once set it to 50%, and I wondered why my Kraton was so sluggish. Then I realized that Castle uses punch control, so the larger the number the less punch. When I set punch control to 25% my Kraton returned to being a beast again.

IIRC, I have mine set for 25%. I once set it to 50%, and I wondered why my Kraton was so sluggish. Then I realized that Castle uses punch control, so the larger the number the less punch. When I set punch control to 25% my Kraton returned to being a beast again.
So the percentage is actually a reduction. I am running 2 motor fans. Can I run 0% or is that too much?

It's up, to you, but at 0% you might find it hard to keep the front wheels on the ground.
It's in this which has a long chassis so I'll start at 0 and see how it goes. 😎

20220401_150543.jpg

I tried start power medium on my k8s and I didn't like it. Made the truck jerky at lower throttle inputs, especially in reverse. Everything just seemed a lot smother on low. I don't think I've tried it for any of my other rigs but maybe I should.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back