Typhon Castle Motor / ESC Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyJonny1976

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I am considering buying a Castle Creations Monster X 1/8 Brushless Combo w/1515 Sensored Motor (2200KV) for my Arma Typhon for speed runs. Is this a good choice? I will be running 6s. Thanks for your help guys! Jon-

Thanks a lot man! I am new to the RC world and just want the best for my Typhon. I am ordering this setup now. RCFL Bro. Jon-

I have that combo on my savage flux, but I only run 4s. The sensored part of it is relatively pointless, especially on a savage as you really only see it work when it's under 2mph or so. Anything above that and it isn't any more smooth than the flux/torque combo (MM V1 esc/torq 2200kv motor) that it replaced. I only got it because I wasn't sure whether to get the MM2 or the X, so I got the X just to see how a sensored setup was.

If I had to do it again, I probably would have just gotten the cheaper MMv2/2200kv instead. I'm not sure the MMv2 has all the adjustments the X has, but guessing it would have had enough adjustment to work for a basher like me. As long as the BEC (or if it's already 6V), punch, LVC and brake is adjustable, that's all I change anyway. Would have saved myself $73.

I politely disagree. A sensored setup is overall better. If you drive hard sometimes you miss the finesse of being able to feel the difference. A sensored combo gives you the ability of going in and out of the throttle with precision. It may not be noticible at first but put the old stuff back in and tell me you can't feel the comparison. Braking is also far superior.

Every truck I have is unsensored. Except now the flux. I honestly don't notice any difference once the truck is rolling. Maybe it's more noticeable on a track or on a lighter truck, but the flux feels pretty much the same, other than the overall power delivery of the MMX. I had to dial the punch down a ton to make it less flip happy when I go WOT at any speed under 3/4 throttle.

Yep. And with a sensored program through an app on my phone... totally dialed in to what I'm driving that day. It's fun to play with when you get the hang of it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back