Castle sct esc problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaded Marxist

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Granite
I hope this post is in the right category. I bought a castle sct combo 3800kv, I've had it for about 10 months and I've put it thru hell. Well I was at my LHS the other day and decided on buying a nimh battery. I've always used 2 or 3s lipos. Anyways after charging the battery and programing the esc with my card, I tried the battery and I got nothing but stuttering as if the motor was jammed up I took it all apart double checked everything even tho it was running fast the day before on 2s lipo. So I then turned on the lvc and installed a lipo (fully charged) and the truck was slow and the beeps from the motor are muted. I've emailed castle but I guess there very busy says it'll be 5 days before they respond so I figured I'd ask here maybe it's not a big problem? The battery's all work fine in my other truck with an ezrun esc and leopard motor. Any ideas? How could the nimh fry my esc when the lipo were fine?

I do not have an answer for you but I would like to follow this thread because I'm thinking about buying a used Losi XXX SCB with that same setup in it.
How often do you run 3s with it? From what I have read some of them have heat issues on 3s.

I run my trucks Daily and I'll run 2 2s packs then finish with my 3s. Never had it go into thermal protection and I'm hard on these trucks I run a leopard 4000kv in my other daily driver and the castle blowr it away and I'm running with a26t pinion and 76t spur very fast

Unfortunately castle only advise was to turn off the lvc, of course I did that already lol. They told me to fill out a warranty forms and send the combo in to them, and the story of my life is I can't find my original receipt. I was not gonna claim warranty anyways I'm so hard on these trucks so Ima just use this as an excuse to upgrade again to the wife haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back