Castle Sensor Issue - Mamba X ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 3s
  11. Vorteks
My 1515 2400kv Mamba X combo has an issue when connected to the sensor wire. Tried switching out the wire with another rig that's using the same combo and working fine, same issue with this motor. It works fine when I disconnect the sensor wire as seen in the video. Any idea what the issue could be?

Well there are only 3 things that it could be and you already ruled out one of them, if you have another car that runs the same system see if the motor works with that esc. If it doesn't run the sensor in the motor is bad, if it runs there is something wrong with the esc.

Well there are only 3 things that it could be and you already ruled out one of them, if you have another car that runs the same system see if the motor works with that esc. If it doesn't run the sensor in the motor is bad, if it runs there is something wrong with the esc.
yeah, was hoping someone would have an easy fix and I wouldn't have to start breaking down multiple rigs to troubleshoot this lol

yeah, was hoping someone would have an easy fix and I wouldn't have to start breaking down multiple rigs to troubleshoot this lol
Its a 3s Arrma the entire motor module comes out easy peasy. Just unlpug the wires then connect it to the other Mamba X esc that you have no need to disassemble anything as you already have the module out of the 3s.

Maybe the harness on the esc end is not seated all the way.

My 1515 2400kv Mamba X combo has an issue when connected to the sensor wire. Tried switching out the wire with another rig that's using the same combo and working fine, same issue with this motor. It works fine when I disconnect the sensor wire as seen in the video. Any idea what the issue could be?

I've damaged the sensor on my Castle systems by jumping my rigs 26ft plus into the air. I just use them like a Sensorless system after that 😕

It’s a common problem in the mamba x‘s the sensor came unsoldered front the inside if that’s the case
I've damaged the sensor on my Castle systems by jumping my rigs 26ft plus into the air. I just use them like a Sensorless system after that 😕
Yeah, I think I probably damaged the sensor system somehow, I've been running the combo geared on the higher end and have been experimenting trying to keep temps down but they still consistently reach 180F+ externally (a couple times 220+ :dead:). Guess I should've geared down more aggressively sooner, oh well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back