Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Castle Sidewinder SCT motor & esc combo

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by jryanfallon, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jryanfallon

jryanfallon Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Hey,

I a castle sidewinder sct motor and esc combo in my arrma fury mega today. what a crazy difference!!!

i was wondering what spur and pinnon gears i should look into to keep my top speed as high as possible.

thanks photo 1 (1).JPG photo 2 (1).JPG

2. yodazoo976

yodazoo976 Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    I have that exact castle system in an ecx torment 2wd. It is currently geared with 19t pinion and 87t spur but I can run 2 5300mah packs through it and it stays super cool so I know there is a good bit of room to gear up from there.

I would recommend getting the robinson racing pinion gear set. They come with I believe 6 different sized gears so you can gradually (2 teeth at a time) walk the gears up until your either fast as you want or hit the heat threshold for that system.

3. jryanfallon

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    do u know what part numbers i should order for the castle system

4. yodazoo976

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    RRP1050 is the part number for the 48 pitch "even" gears. It's just the even numbers between 16-26

that is what I used on the Ecx, because it has 48pitch gears stock. I am not sure if the stock arrma comes with 48 pitch gears or not.

5. jryanfallon

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
  6. yodazoo976

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    I think the 15t pinion is stock size. You would want to try maybe a 17 or 18 tooth pinion to start going faster.

Also make sure your car comes with the 32 pitch gears before ordering a new pinion.

You want the gear pitch to stay the same but to get more top speed you either need to increase teeth on the pinion gear, or decrease teeth on the spur gear.

7. jryanfallon

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Reason i picked them is bc i believe my fury mega came with 18/87 and the 35mph+ is using 15/57 as seen in the picture below thats all..

this make since ZDUUM84JAKTWNM9P4N2WAWFNUFR4YGTBUBHBB4PWPH4UT8KPQM.jpg

8. yodazoo976

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Gotcha. it looks like you have the 48 pitch gears then. You can use that 15t -57 combo but you will also need to purchase AR310405
    that is the 57t spur that is the correct pitch

if you ran that and were comfortable with the temps you had afterward, you could also make the jump to AR310404 which is the 54 tooth spur on the chart that will increase your top speed even more!

I recommend making the switch to the bigger pitch gears. they are a bit noisier but very easy to mesh and are strong.

9. jryanfallon

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    whats a bigger pitch 32 or 48? just so i know if i get something else, there seems to be a lot of different types

10. yodazoo976

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    32 pitch gears are bigger than 48. to make it more confusing there is also "mod .8" mod .8 gears work with 32pitch

here is a picture showing the difference, and why 48 and 32 don't mesh together. left pinion is 32p right is 48p

197A3E7B-2D5D-4B70-8E54-B157B3CBC409_zpsc8hab6tp.jpg

11. jryanfallon

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    ok thanks, it makes alot more since to me now. im going to pick up a 15T & 17T pinion and 57T & 54T spur and try out some combos all in 32p or .8 mod

thanks again for all you help

12. DesertFury

DesertFury Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury
    Good info, this was the combo I was considering putting in my Fury Mega.

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer