Castle SW4 Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I have a castle SW4 with a 3800 kv castle motor and it is giving a weird (. . -) pattern. half of the time it works when I turn it on, but sometimes when I turn it on it will start blinking normally but with no volume, then I lose the radio/transmitter control. (The radio is dumbo rc)

1664838153175.png

Check your connections and try recalibrating.

Now the esc is having issues turning on. It will only turn on now if you slide the switch on and off over and over again. Is the esc toast? I bought it from amain hobbies so would castle honor the warranty through them?

Now the esc is having issues turning on. It will only turn on now if you slide the switch on and off over and over again. Is the esc toast? I bought it from amain hobbies so would castle honor the warranty through them?
The switch is bad. You have 2 options cut off the switch and just splice the wires together or attach a different switch. The Castle switches are notorious for crapping out, I have 4 Castle escs the switches on all of them died within a week.

The switch is bad. You have 2 options cut off the switch and just splice the wires together or attach a different switch. The Castle switches are notorious for crapping out, I have 4 Castle escs the switches on all of them died within a week.
what do you mean when you say splice the wires together? and would a bad switch affect the transmitter/receiver losing control.
I also noticed that whenever I turn on the switch and the esc doesn't turn on, the esc light will blink for a split second then nothing happens.

what do you mean when you say splice the wires together? and would a bad switch affect the transmitter/receiver losing control.
I also noticed that whenever I turn on the switch and the esc doesn't turn on, the esc light will blink for a split second then nothing happens.

Sorry I meant attach the wires together. Cut the wires as close to the switch as you can, remove a small amount of the shielding on each wire and attach them together, for a permanent fix solder the wires together and cover with heat shrink, also make sure that you don't leave the wire just hanging zip tie it in a bundle or to something so it isn't just flopping around loose in the car. The car will turn on when you plug in the battery and turn off when you unplug the battery.

Or like I said just splice in a new switch. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/castle-esc-switch-issue.48579/

Basically what is happening is the switch is randomly cutting power to the esc this in turn causes the esc to brown out and this causes all sorts of electrical glitches.

Sorry I meant attach the wires together. Cut the wires as close to the switch as you can, remove a small amount of the shielding on each wire and attach them together, for a permanent fix solder the wires together and cover with heat shrink, also make sure that you don't leave the wire just hanging zip tie it in a bundle or to something so it isn't just flopping around loose in the car. The car will turn on when you plug in the battery and turn off when you unplug the battery.

Or like I said just splice in a new switch. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/castle-esc-switch-issue.48579/

Basically what is happening is the switch is randomly cutting power to the esc this in turn causes the esc to brown out and this causes all sorts of electrical glitches.
It was a bit hard to bring myself to cut the wires, but I cut them and it is turning on fine now. The real test will be when I get a chance to run it outside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back