Castle vs hw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PshmokN’EM887

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
Second castle motor I have issues with while bashing the first one was 1717-1260kv starting cogging and wouldn’t go past 2mph that one probably had25-30 if that many packs on it. the new not even 3 weeks like 5 packs 34 spool 26t mod1 gearing and two wires unsolder one didn’t and I have the esc at 180f cut off .
I bash more than anything because my 6s blx has taking a beating on 46t diff and 27t mod 1 and it runs 65-72 mph so why these castle motor failing is hobbywing better for bashing??? and castle for speed running what am I doing wrong ?

never had castle too expensive. run the quicrun hobbywing in talion and kraton with stock blx 2050kv motors

I have the Castle MMX8s in three trucks, Two with 1717 1650kv and one with 2028 800kv.

They all work great, no complaints except for the cost. I like staying in one ecosystem.
Me too one is shot the other works but two of the wires became unsoldered i soldered it works should I keep it ?

Me too one is shot the other works but two of the wires became unsoldered i soldered it works should I keep it ?
"i soldered it works" -- there is your answer!

Is it in warranty still?

I had an issue with one of the motor sensor ports, and their customer service (over the phone) was EXCELLENT. I know some people have had the opposite experience, but they went above and beyond.

"i soldered it works" -- there is your answer!

Is it in warranty still?

I had an issue with one of the motor sensor ports, and their customer service (over the phone) was EXCELLENT. I know some people have had the opposite experience, but they went above and beyond.
I like the customer service never had an issue yeah I just got the motor like 15 days ago but if it works should I return it ?I think it’s fine there was some spark when the wires touch the esc and worked what wire one is for how long

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back