Castle XLX 2 and 1100kv motor issues. Or XLX2 faulty anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ticking time bomb šŸ˜±

Sucks to hear. I still havenā€™t got to fully check mine over for damage but I did box up the xlx2 and b-link to ship in for the warranty process.

Castle warrantied mine as well but the XLX2's are on backorder. No idea when I can expect it. To be honest I'm worried about putting it in another RC once I do get it. My Kraton 8S was a mess after the fireworks and it ended up costing a good amount to fix everything. Both my big lipos were fried, the servo, receiver and body were all toast.
Even though Castle warranties the ESC, you end up having to go through and fix the residual affected components. I do love Castle and their team though. They are great people and their staff is always willing to share their knowledge. A+ for Castle customer service!

Castle warrantied mine as well but the XLX2's are on backorder. No idea when I can expect it. To be honest I'm worried about putting it in another RC once I do get it. My Kraton 8S was a mess after the fireworks and it ended up costing a good amount to fix everything. Both my big lipos were fried, the servo, receiver and body were all toast.
Even though Castle warranties the ESC, you end up having to go through and fix the residual affected components. I do love Castle and their team though. They are great people and their staff is always willing to share their knowledge. A+ for Castle customer service!
I got lucky on mine, Amazon replaced the power hobbies, no charge!

This is not a fluke anymore. This happened today on my EXB K8S. I'm done with the XLX2 as far as hardcore bashing goes. So my K8S and O8S have no ESC to run with for now.

View attachment 209724View attachment 209725
This finally just happened to me in my k8s. Did you end up fixing it? I saw your post about the mmx8s as well, did that work out? I'm wondering if I should even bother sending it in for warranty or if i should try to fix it.

In Houston we have a large drag racing community and about 10 of these XLX2 have burned entire cars down in weeks. Just by plugging them in brand new in many circumstances. This is a defective product and it may do castle in.
Yeah there seems to be something wierd about these CC fires. Simply plugging them in. I venture to guess they have some bad production runs with many batches.
Can't be a coincidence. Short of any user error.

This finally just happened to me in my k8s. Did you end up fixing it? I saw your post about the mmx8s as well, did that work out? I'm wondering if I should even bother sending it in for warranty or if i should try to fix it.
It worked and it was very easy to do tbh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back