Castle XLX2 newb questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have like 2 speed runs to my name and I totally forgot to turn off LVC even though I knew that I should lol. The Radiolinks can actually monitor voltage but I need to do some soldering to get it to work. Been so lazy with that =(

@Dan B. Android, shouldn't be any different for IOS. In fact, I bet the IOS app is better than the android app. They came out with it first and us android users had to wait a long time before the android app was even released.
It really only become necessary once you seriously start over gearing your rig and voltage sag starts getting severe. Until then, you're typically fine :)

It really only become necessary once you seriously start over gearing your rig and voltage sag starts getting severe. Until then, you're typically fine :)
To add to this. Having a live voltage reading doesn’t really help for speed running. Not like you’re looking at the radio during a run. Voltage will recover after the run so you’ll never know how low it went until you look at the logs.

Not a chance. We'll either be cheering you on, cheering with you as you reach each new milestone, or suffering with you in the agony of failure. There is no fourth option.
Well, if you refuse to laugh you’re relegating yourself to suffering with me in the agony of failure. I’d choose to laugh, just saying..l

To add to this. Having a live voltage reading doesn’t really help for speed running. Not like you’re looking at the radio during a run. Voltage will recover after the run so you’ll never know how low it went until you look at the logs.
Yessir. That's my favorite part about speedometers like you find on the Spektrum app...who in their right mind looks at the speedometer while driving? I'm sure that's a novelty that wears off really quickly.
Well, if you refuse to laugh you’re relegating yourself to suffering with me in the agony of failure. I’d choose to laugh, just saying..l
I'll be there for the highs and the lows. I'm in it for the long haul brother 💪

Yessir. That's my favorite part about speedometers like you find on the Spektrum app...who in their right mind looks at the speedometer while driving? I'm sure that's a novelty that wears off really quickly.

I'll be there for the highs and the lows. I'm in it for the long haul brother 💪
I actually bought the bluetooth for that spektrum crap like an idiot too. After I got it I was like "wait why did I buy this I can't even use it?!?!"

I actually bought the bluetooth for that spektrum crap like an idiot too. After I got it I was like "wait why did I buy this I can't even use it?!?!"
I got it for my DBXL-E and it works great for that application, nice to monitor temps, voltages, etc. but that’s for a soccer field hero. Never tried on one of my Arrma rigs. Maybe their 1/5th ESC plays better with that tech? Not considering it for any other applications, though. I’m apparently a Castle Guy now, god help me…

I got it for my DBXL-E and it works great for that application, nice to monitor temps, voltages, etc. but that’s for a soccer field hero. Never tried on one of my Arrma rigs. Maybe their 1/5th ESC plays better with that tech? Not considering it for any other applications, though. I’m apparently a Castle Guy now, god help me…
Summon Channel 9 GIF by The Block

Once ya crack the throttle on that xlx2 you see what all the hypes about. I went from max6 to mmx8s an was immediately addicted to the power, speed..it's not to late to turn around an run.if 5he wife's already mad,you about to dive down that rabbit hole.i looked for your thread,couldn't find it what else do ya have to do to car??.

Once ya crack the throttle on that xlx2 you see what all the hypes about. I went from max6 to mmx8s an was immediately addicted to the power, speed..it's not to late to turn around an run.if 5he wife's already mad,you about to dive down that rabbit hole.i looked for your thread,couldn't find it what else do ya have to do to car??.
Ain’t started the build thread yet, hope to start on Wednesday. I got down on my hands and knees earlier and stuck my head down that rabbit hole. Smells expensive down there…
I haven't the foggiest if I'm honest (and I typically am)
So wait, are you typically foggy, or honest? 😂

Ain’t started the build thread yet, hope to start on Wednesday. I got down on my hands and knees earlier and stuck my head down that rabbit hole. Smells expensive down there…
1664670998674.png

So wait, are you typically foggy, or honest? 😂
Foggily honest...honestly foggy...both...

lol man I just put an xlx2 into my felony c8 and I'm already in heaven. My mmx8s would thermal in my felony but the xlx2 just laughs at it. It really sucks when I built all these rigs, I told myself mmx8s is good enough and xlx2 is for speed runners. In reality that extra 60$ is worth spending if you can fit the xlx2.

lol man I just put an xlx2 into my felony c8 and I'm already in heaven. I my mmx8s would be thermal in my felony but the xlx2 just laughs at it. It really sucks when I built all these rigs I told myself mmx8s is good enough and xlx2 is for speed runners. In reality that extra 60$ is worth spending if you can fit the xlx2.
+1
That's what I keep telling everyone. If you have the real estate or can make it fit in any way, spend the couple of quid more on the XLX2. It's totally worth it from a value perspective. You'll be glad you did.

+1
That's what I keep telling everyone. If you have the real estate or can make it fit in any way, spend the couple of quid more on the XLX2. It's totally worth it from a value perspective. You'll be glad you did.
43DDDD1C-3CC0-4EDD-84B3-B4CF8B4ABDE8.gif

Right?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back