Limitless Castle xlx2 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, XLX2 still can very much burst into flames. I've had it happen to me a few months ago. I think it's pretty safe to use in on road applications though. I'd be a little more worried off road bashing but some people have no problems at all even off road.
They sell a dozen esc's all over the world... and here we come together and see some still catching fire..they arent that much failure from all selled i think

You never hear 'my xlx2 is still going since 1 year onroad using'
Most of them pushing them to 600 and even 700 Amps !!! And they are fine.

don't keep me wrong, i was scared too before i bought my xlx2 lol but the struggle isnt that much real now anymore.
Got xlx2 and mmx8s and they are both fine.
The xlx2 ran already more than 60?+ packs.
So yea...

20230222_212943.jpg

20230203_212001.jpg

it's easy to think that when your kraton isn't the one on fire for no reason. 🤣
I’ve seen people say that a lot. Why do you think that is? What’s different between them?

It seems weird that the MMX8S is such a tank for off road bashing while the XLX2 is a delicate princess.
I have no clue but I've had 1 xlx2 burst into flames and the replacement died on first pack in my dbxl going 30mph down the street. I did nothing wrong and people here have had it happen on the bench just turning it on. I also have a few in on road rigs that have been working great the whole time. I clench my cheeks every time I go to the park with an xlx2. once you see it happen it's hard to unsee it 🤣

Last edited:
So folks I now have an update for you. I decided to install the hobbywing max 5 and I have to say that it is significantly more temperature-resistant than the mmx8s from castle creation. performance is the same in my opinion. the mmx8s is not so resilient and then switches off due to the temperature where the max5 is currently at operating temperature and is far from running too hot. I am very satisfied. I did not buy the xlx2 because some people still end it in 🔥. I am very satisfied now. if castle has the xlx2 under control, this will also be installed because what it does is absolutely great. thanks for your tips. i miss the many setting options with the max5 that i had with the mmx8s.

So folks I now have an update for you. I decided to install the hobbywing max 5 and I have to say that it is significantly more temperature-resistant than the mmx8s from castle creation. performance is the same in my opinion. the mmx8s is not so resilient and then switches off due to the temperature where the max5 is currently at operating temperature and is far from running too hot. I am very satisfied. I did not buy the xlx2 because some people still end it in 🔥. I am very satisfied now. if castle has the xlx2 under control, this will also be installed because what it does is absolutely great. thanks for your tips. i miss the many setting options with the max5 that i had with the mmx8s.
I think temps is the only real pro of the max 5 over the mmx8s in 1/5th scale application. Glad it worked out for you. :cool: (y)

Yes, temperatures are significantly better. The performance is the same. I hope that the castle xlx2 builds more stable, otherwise I'll stick with Hobbywing like many others.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back