Castle XLX2, random slow down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayP.

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Senton 3s
I have a castle XLX2, castle 1100kv motor, and a dumbo reciever and transmitter. It's randomly slowing down, and I don't understand why. I calibrated the throttle twice per castles instructions, and I'm still having issues. Is my ESC defective? I honestly don't understand why it's happening and it has me worried.

What batteries and connectors?
QS8 connectors on both the battery and ESC, no adapters. Using two SMC graphene V2 120c 8000mAh 4s packs.
QS8 connectors on both the battery and ESC, no adapters. Using two SMC graphene V2 120c 8000mAh 4s packs.
What batteries and connectors?
My power HD servo, my 65kg one died immediately too. It's already fiddlesticked, literally ran it at 7.5 volts and it already died on the first one.... After weeks of waiting and I'm just getting wrecked for this first run in...

I was almost ready to order a castle system but as more as I read about it still crap.

I was almost ready to order a castle system but as more as I read about it still crap.
I waited 9 months, I bought an ESC manufactured late last month, and they're still crap... Castle better fix it, I don't want to go with another ESC. It's such a minor problem.

I have two XLX2 setups, one with a 1717-1650 and one with a 2028-1100 and neither are having issues. The 2028 setup is in my 131mph Mojave. The other is in my 138mph Infraction.

I have two XLX2 setups, one with a 1717-1650 and one with a 2028-1100 and neither are having issues. The 2028 setup is in my 131mph Mojave. The other is in my 138mph Infraction.
I'm glad yours work properly, but mine doesn't. If you know any reason why mine applies the brakes slightly when I'm accelerating from a neutral roll, I'd be much appreciated... Mine delivers the power just fine, doesn't cut out or get hot. It makes no sense to me, I tried two different transmitters and recalibrated the throttle multiple times and it still did it.

Last edited:
I'm glad yours work properly, but mine doesn't. If you know any reason why mine applies the breaks slightly when I'm accelerating from a neutral roll, I'd be much appreciated... Mine delivers the power just fine, doesn't cut out or get hot. It makes no sense to me, I tried two different transmitters and recalibrated the throttle multiple times and it still did it.
What motor are you using? Sensor cable or no? Does the braking show up in the logs?

QUOTE="jondilly1974, post: 577754, member: 10642"]
What motor are you using? Sensor cable or no? Does the braking show up in the logs?
I was using a castle 2028 1100kv motor, I tried it both sensored and sensorless. I honestly don't know if braking showed up in the logs or not, but when I checked the log nothing looked out of place compared to when I checked my 6s outcast logs... Everything seemed normal. I ended up resetting the ESC and clearing the logs just to test it out with factory settings and no data on it, and it still would brake.
drag brake disabled?
0 drag brake
I was using a castle 2028 1100kv motor, I tried it both sensored and sensorless. I honestly don't know if braking showed up in the logs or not, but when I checked the log nothing looked out of place compared to when I checked my 6s outcast logs... Everything seemed normal. I ended up resetting the ESC and clearing the logs just to test it out with factory settings and no data on it, and it still would brake. (I reposted this reply because it fiddlesticked up the first time).

QUOTE="jondilly1974, post: 577754, member: 10642"]
I was using a castle 2028 1100kv motor, I tried it both sensored and sensorless. I honestly don't know if braking showed up in the logs or not, but when I checked the log nothing looked out of place compared to when I checked my 6s outcast logs... Everything seemed normal. I ended up resetting the ESC and clearing the logs just to test it out with factory settings and no data on it, and it still would brake.

0 drag brake

I was using a castle 2028 1100kv motor, I tried it both sensored and sensorless. I honestly don't know if braking showed up in the logs or not, but when I checked the log nothing looked out of place compared to when I checked my 6s outcast logs... Everything seemed normal. I ended up resetting the ESC and clearing the logs just to test it out with factory settings and no data on it, and it still would brake. (I reposted this reply because it fiddlesticked up the first time).
Do you still have the logs saved on your PC? It would be nice to look at them to see if the throttle input was modulating as well as the power output and motor RPM.

them
Do you still have the logs saved on your PC? It would be nice to look at them to see if the throttle input was modulating as well as the power output and motor RPM.
Unfortunately I don't, I thought I saved them to my laptop, but I must've not done so. I wish I could show the logs, I'm annoyed I don't have them now. I would run it again but rn I don't have a servo to use for it since my powerhd one was defective as well. I already tooked the truck apart because I was just going to send it into castle if I couldn't find a solution on here. I couldn't find anything on this sort of issue.

them
Unfortunately I don't, I thought I saved them to my laptop, but I must've not done so. I wish I could show the logs, I'm annoyed I don't have them now. I would run it again but rn I don't have a servo to use for it since my powerhd one was defective as well. I already tooked the truck apart because I was just going to send it into castle if I couldn't find a solution on here. I couldn't find anything on this sort of issue.
I think the only way anyone could possibly help is a running video or logs. If you get it back together and still have issues, these will be helpful for us to try to help you out. ✌🏻

I think the only way anyone could possibly help is a running video or logs. If you get it back together and still have issues, these will be helpful for us to try to help you out. ✌🏻
I mean I took it apart, tested everything and no matter what I did, it would do it. I don't have logs sadly, but the best I can do is describe it in detail. With the car sitting, at idle, if I give it a light amount of throttle, it was extremely smooth which is what I'd expect, but say it was rolling with no throttle input, (it's moving, it isn't stationary, it's in a neutral roll) and I decided to give it slight throttle, it would act like I'm braking instead of slowly accelerating. It would do this at any speed, and would cause the tires to lock up momentarily before accelerating again. I thought it was a radio glitch, but I tried two seperate radios with the same result. It does it both in reverse and while going forwards. If no one has had this issue, or can do anything about it without logs, I'm most likely just going to send the ESC in for fear of it being defective and causing more issues down the line.
I mean I took it apart, tested everything and no matter what I did, it would do it. I don't have logs sadly, but the best I can do is describe it in detail. With the car sitting, at idle, if I give it a light amount of throttle, it was extremely smooth which is what I'd expect, but say it was rolling with no throttle input, (it's moving, it isn't stationary, it's in a neutral roll) and I decided to give it slight throttle, it would act like I'm braking instead of slowly accelerating. It would do this at any speed, and would cause the tires to lock up momentarily before accelerating again. I thought it was a radio glitch, but I tried two seperate radios with the same result. It does it both in reverse and while going forwards. If no one has had this issue, or can do anything about it without logs, I'm most likely just going to send the ESC in for fear of it being defective and causing more issues down the line.
Just to clarify, I wouldn't PUSH the vehicle to get it to roll, I would give it throttle, let off the throttle, allow it to roll with no throttle input, then get back on the throttle. For some reason that would cause it to brake...

Have you tried a different motor to rule that out? Is the firmware the most current version? I’d assume so if it was manufactured within the last month. Did you call castle support? Maybe they could shed some light, before you send it in. 🤷‍♂️

Have you tried a different motor to rule that out? Is the firmware the most current version? I’d assume so if it was manufactured within the last month. Did you call castle support? Maybe they could shed some light, before you send it in. 🤷‍♂️
That's what I plan on doing tomorrow, calling castle tomorrow and getting their opinion and insight on the issue. I don't have any other motor I could even test, if I did I would've did that in a heartbeat. I am worried it could be that as well. I might send both the motor and ESC in just to see if it is the issue.

Sounds to me like the motor is out of sync with the ESC. Now why that is, that I can’t tell you. But since you tried with and without the sensor cable, my guess is a bad motor.

Sounds to me like the motor is out of sync with the ESC. Now why that is, that I can’t tell you. But since you tried with and without the sensor cable, my guess is a bad motor.
It just seems so strange, considering it worked perfectly other than that... But I wouldn't be surprised, something could just be ever so slightly off, causing some bad communication between them. If castle suspects it's the motor more than the ESC, I'll send the motor in for a replacement... If it still does it, then I'll send the ESC in for a replacement. This is just such a headache... I wish I saved the damn data logs though, that pisses me off 😅 I was just frustrated and wasn't thinking, so I just assumed I saved them.

It just seems so strange, considering it worked perfectly other than that... But I wouldn't be surprised, something could just be ever so slightly off, causing some bad communication between them. If castle suspects it's the motor more than the ESC, I'll send the motor in for a replacement... If it still does it, then I'll send the ESC in for a replacement. This is just such a headache... I wish I saved the damn data logs though, that pisses me off 😅 I was just frustrated and wasn't thinking, so I just assumed I saved them.
I feel your pain brother. I lost some logs early on that were very important to me. I swore I saved them and evidently I forgot to. From then on I’ve had a very strict system for saving them. I’ve been good since.

I feel your pain brother. I lost some logs early on that were very important to me. I swore I saved them and evidently I forgot to. From then on I’ve had a very strict system for saving them. I’ve been good since.
Now that this has happened, it most likely WON'T happen again at least. Once you've felt the pain, you're a lot more careful 😓

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back