Castle XLX2, random slow down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was almost ready to order a castle system but as more as I read about it still crap.
No issues with both of my XLX2 and 1100kv motors on my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S honestly after months of abuse and many many huge jumps. I guess I got lucky.

No issues with both of my XLX2 and 1100kv motors on my Outcast 8s and EXB K8S honestly after months of abuse and many many huge jumps. I guess I got lucky.
I'm just irritated with how small of an issue I'm having... It's such a minor issue, but it really ruins the driving experience... I hope if I send the ESC in, they can desolder my connectors straight off of the ESC and transfer them over to a new ESC, I'm not about to buy new connectors because their ESC was defective... I'm waiting for it to be Monday so I can call them.

I'm just irritated with how small of an issue I'm having... It's such a minor issue, but it really ruins the driving experience... I hope if I send the ESC in, they can desolder my connectors straight off of the ESC and transfer them over to a new ESC, I'm not about to buy new connectors because their ESC was defective... I'm waiting for it to be Monday so I can call them.
I don’t believe they will transfer the connectors, but they will cut them off the old one and mail them back in the package.

Just curious if your issue was ever resolved? Have you tried increasing the throttle dead band a bit? This is what the description says on Castle Link, “This setting sets the width of the neutral or idle zone. A smaller dead band will result in a hair-trigger feel on your throttle stick. However, all radios have some amount of variability in their output signal at idle. As a result, if this setting is too small, you may have difficulty getting the ESC to stay in neutral and you may see glitching into forward and/or reverse at idle.” When your rolling in neutral this would be the same as idle I would think unless your using the sensor wire so it sounds like this might be the problem.

Just curious if your issue was ever resolved? Have you tried increasing the throttle dead band a bit? This is what the description says on Castle Link, “This setting sets the width of the neutral or idle zone. A smaller dead band will result in a hair-trigger feel on your throttle stick. However, all radios have some amount of variability in their output signal at idle. As a result, if this setting is too small, you may have difficulty getting the ESC to stay in neutral and you may see glitching into forward and/or reverse at idle.” When your rolling in neutral this would be the same as idle I would think unless your using the sensor wire so it sounds like this might be the problem.
I am running sensored, would that remove that issue entirely? Or should I still try and mess with the dead band? (If I end up getting the same ESC back) It was having this issue running sensored and sensorless, castle didn't even attempt to find a fix for it, they just kept telling me it's a feature of the rpm matching... So I felt completely lost, like there WAS no way to resolve it. I never even thought to look at the throttle dead band, because I'm still newer to castle ESCs, I ran factory settings and was having issues. I've never personally adjusted throttle dead band, nit even on my mamba monster x 6s ESC, and I haven't had this issue.
I am running sensored, would that remove that issue entirely? Or should I still try and mess with the dead band? (If I end up getting the same ESC back) It was having this issue running sensored and sensorless, castle didn't even attempt to find a fix for it, they just kept telling me it's a feature of the rpm matching... So I felt completely lost, like there WAS no way to resolve it. I never even thought to look at the throttle dead band, because I'm still newer to castle ESCs, I ran factory settings and was having issues. I've never personally adjusted throttle dead band, not even on my mamba monster x 6s ESC, and I haven't had this issue.
I've also ran 3 seperate radios, and had the same issues, also I don't know much about the throttle dead band since I've never had to adjust it and or mess with it.

I’m not 100% this is the fix just a suggestion as it only takes a second to try and it doesn’t cause any loss in performance. If you look at the settings it’s changing hundredths/thousandths of a second. I would try 2-3 steps from stock and see if there’s any difference. Just curious when you say you tried 3 different radios do you mean 3 different brands or 3 different Ex: Spektrum etc. because if they were all the same brand/model I would think they would all cause the same issue. Just a thought.

I’m not 100% this is the fix just a suggestion as it only takes a second to try and it doesn’t cause any loss in performance. If you look at the settings it’s changing hundredths/thousandths of a second. I would try 2-3 steps from stock and see if there’s any difference. Just curious when you say you tried 3 different radios do you mean 3 different brands or 3 different Ex: Spektrum etc. because if they were all the same brand/model I would think they would all cause the same issue. Just a thought.
Two were the same brand, spektrum SLT3 and a DX2E, the initial radio I had bought for the truck was a dumbo x6, which also gave me the issue. If I had the ESC I would give it a shot, if I get a new unit and still have the issue, I'll make sure to try this out right away.

Let me know for sure if you try it at some point and it fixes it or not. I found that setting the other day while troubleshooting a friend of mine’s MMX8s in a XMaxx, I can’t get any of his Traxxas transmitters or receivers to enter into calibration. I’m stumped I’ve tried 3 different receivers, one was brand new and 3 different Traxxas radios. I’ve got the Bluetooth module in mine and binded it up and completed all the necessary updates/firmware etc. Throttle channel set to reverse but can’t get any to calibrate. Put a older Flysky setup in and everything works as it should driving it around in 5 minutes. What’s weird is everything was working fine about a year ago then all of a sudden he said he tried to use the truck a few months back and no throttle or brake, steering works perfect on all three Traxxas radios/receivers but none of them will calibrate throttle/brake.

Let me know for sure if you try it at some point and it fixes it or not. I found that setting the other day while troubleshooting a friend of mine’s MMX8s in a XMaxx, I can’t get any of his Traxxas transmitters or receivers to enter into calibration. I’m stumped I’ve tried 3 different receivers, one was brand new and 3 different Traxxas radios. I’ve got the Bluetooth module in mine and binded it up and completed all the necessary updates/firmware etc. Throttle channel set to reverse but can’t get any to calibrate. Put a older Flysky setup in and everything works as it should driving it around in 5 minutes. What’s weird is everything was working fine about a year ago then all of a sudden he said he tried to use the truck a few months back and no throttle or brake, steering works perfect on all three Traxxas radios/receivers but none of them will calibrate throttle/brake.
I was able to calibrate mine just fine, I just had the strange stutter, but if somehow I still have the issue, I'll adjust the throttle deadband. A new one will be arriving soon.

I have a castle XLX2, castle 1100kv motor, and a dumbo reciever and transmitter. It's randomly slowing down, and I don't understand why. I calibrated the throttle twice per castles instructions, and I'm still having issues. Is my ESC defective? I honestly don't understand why it's happening and it has me worried.
I just made a post about this same question! I USED to see 100% power output on all my castle esc but now I’m seeing 78% and I don’t recall anything changing! Even my K5 EXB build xlx2 combo I used to see 100% power output and now I last recall seeing like 68% and I noticed it was slower BEFORE I caught on to the output percentage. Im thinking that Lipo as they get old might have something to do with it bcs that’s the only thing that changed lol🤷‍♂️… im just now coming into this thread so hopefully I’ll find answers here🙏
I have a castle XLX2, castle 1100kv motor, and a dumbo reciever and transmitter. It's randomly slowing down, and I don't understand why. I calibrated the throttle twice per castles instructions, and I'm still having issues. Is my ESC defective? I honestly don't understand why it's happening and it has me worried.
Oh btw if you’re taking about that REV MATCH mumbo., then if so, I made a video with a solution to “disable” the rev match behavior. That’s that break jerking sytmptom.

I just made a post about this same question! I USED to see 100% power output on all my castle esc but now I’m seeing 78% and I don’t recall anything changing! Even my K5 EXB build xlx2 combo I used to see 100% power output and now I last recall seeing like 68% and I noticed it was slower BEFORE I caught on to the output percentage. Im thinking that Lipo as they get old might have something to do with it bcs that’s the only thing that changed lol🤷‍♂️… im just now coming into this thread so hopefully I’ll find answers here🙏

Oh btw if you’re taking about that REV MATCH mumbo., then if so, I made a video with a solution to “disable” the rev match behavior. That’s that break jerking sytmptom.
So what's the issue? Less power? Do you have a screenshot of the issue? I'm just curious. I had issues with both my XLX2 but it's different than your issue.

So what's the issue? Less power? Do you have a screenshot of the issue? I'm just curious. I had issues with both my XLX2 but it's different than your issue.
Yea we’ll it’s about the power output percentage on the data logs not being 100% when in fact it was a full throttle run back and forth a couple times but only shows 78% so I’m questioning weather it represents throttle output or something else. This is my newest thread so it’s not hard to find. As for you issue with the xlx2 doing that rev match jerking problem, I made a whole video about that…… here’s the video link👉

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back