CASTLE XLX2 WARNING: KNOWN ISSUE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm running Castle XLX2/1100kv combo in Kraton 8s. Is the "rev matching" issue still present or has a firmware update fixed it? I've read this entire thread, apologies if I missed this.

Just returned to hobby after a decade so not sure yet what is right/wrong behavior from ESCs. I have noticed on test bench the motor will occasionally apply braking while spinning down from 50-70% throttle. Never noticed it while driving, however. Probably flat wrong, but I always thought this behavior was motor switching back to sensored mode as RPMs spin down - so the opposite of what happens on way up.

I'm running Castle XLX2/1100kv combo in Kraton 8s. Is the "rev matching" issue still present or has a firmware update fixed it? I've read this entire thread, apologies if I missed this.

Just returned to hobby after a decade so not sure yet what is right/wrong behavior from ESCs. I have noticed on test bench the motor will occasionally apply braking while spinning down from 50-70% throttle. Never noticed it while driving, however. Probably flat wrong, but I always thought this behavior was motor switching back to sensored mode as RPMs spin down - so the opposite of what happens on way up.
There haven't been any firmware updates to the XLX2 to address this issue. How much you notice it will depend, in part, on gearing. I've noticed it with some gearing setups and not with others.

There haven't been any firmware updates to the XLX2 to address this issue. How much you notice it will depend, in part, on gearing. I've noticed it with some gearing setups and not with others.
That's why I gearing conservatively now on my K8S and O8S with the XLX2 and 1100kv motor. I'm running now 30/47. Before it was 30/39 and 35/47. Castle said that was way too high. Too many 500 amp voltage spikes and ripple.

That's why I gearing conservatively now on my K8S and O8S with the XLX2 and 1100kv motor. I'm running now 30/47. Before it was 30/39 and 35/47. Castle said that was way too high. Too many 500 amp voltage spikes and ripple.
You were seeing high ripple with the XLX2? I have yet to even hit 1V, even without a cap pack. With my cap pack I've barely gone over a half volt while pulling over 600A.

GLAD TO REPLY!…. I have been away from the hobby since 2005. Coming back to the whole brush listen renovated hobby was like coming into it for the first time ever again. It took me a very long time to learn the KV motor chart after becoming a natural born killer and expert with brushed motors I could write a book and build a basic 1/10 rc that will swallow anything in its path. But now that things are more advanced you’ll be finding yourself using a laptop pretty often. It was a hassle for me too but all it really takes is about a year of research and asking questions and stuff like that.

I had received a comment similar to yours on my rev match solution video on YouTube. When I spoke to the technicians at Castle creation, they told me that it is called rev matching and that is normal.… Whether that feature was intentional or unanticipated, I do not approve of it lol. I also asked if there was going to be any Firmware updates in the future whether it will change the rev match or not and he says no, there are no more firmware updates that I know about.

If you have not seen the entire video, you will have no problem searching the
“REV-MATCH SOLUTION” video on YouTube my video will pop right up. Because my channel is growing fast but it’s not even two years old yet, my videos pop up more often than my actual channel when you search it.

I am coming close to qualify for monetization as I will have the 40,000 views requirement by next summer but I need 1000 subscribers and that’s where I really need the help. I am constantly doing research and I am always coming up with mods and hacks… If you want to stick around to witness all of this with me please consider subscribing… Once the channel starts getting some source of income the channel Will be able to bring new product releases and upload videos more often than now.

Last edited:
GLAD TO REPLY!…. I have been away from the hobby since 2005. Coming back to the whole brush listen renovated hobby was like coming into it for the first time ever again. It took me a very long time to learn the KV motor chart after becoming a natural born killer and expert with brushed motors I could write a book and build a basic 1/10 rc that will swallow anything in its path. But now that things are more advanced you’ll be finding yourself using a laptop pretty often. It was a hassle for me too but all it really takes is about a year of research and asking questions and stuff like that.

I had received a comment similar to yours on my rev match solution video on YouTube. When I spoke to the technicians at Castle creation, they told me that it is called rev matching and that is normal.… Whether that feature was intentional or unanticipated, I do not approve of it lol. I also asked if there was going to be any Firmware updates in the future whether it will change the rev match or not and he says no, there are no more firmware updates that I know about.

If you have not seen the entire video, you will have no problem searching the
“REV-MATCH SOLUTION” video on YouTube my video will pop right up. Because my channel is growing fast but it’s not even two years old yet, my videos pop up more often than my actual channel when you search it.

I am coming close to qualify for monetization as I will have the 40,000 views requirement by next summer but I need 1000 subscribers and that’s where I really need the help. I am constantly doing research and I am always coming up with mods and hacks… If you want to stick around to witness all of this with me please consider subscribing… Once the channel starts getting some source of income the channel Will be able to bring new product releases and upload videos more often than now.
Youtube "shorts" has been the best way to grind subs for us and many other rc chans. Pro tip!! :cool: (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back