Castle XLX2 with my old Hobbywing 4278SD Motor possible ? 2250kv 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justin080

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon TLR
Hey guys, i just bought a new xlx2 and wait for its arrival.
While i keep wondering if i can run this esc with my old motor because castle had issues with D Wind Motors and i cant find anything about the wind from this motor :(

I think this motor can do a lot more speed....
I ran 180 kph with this motor in my stretched tlr typhon while the esc is at its limit and keeps cutting out and the motor is after 2 runs only 38 °C
i only will ran them on 6s even with xlx2
this is until now with the max8 (g2) esc

what do you think, will this harm the esc?

No it'll be just fine,,,,,esc just feeds motor watts the motor ask for....I run both y an d motors,I just keep timing at 0.....from what I understand the xlx2 will adjust timing on its own while running motor......I've heard of 4268,but never heard of 4278..is it a sensorless motor..never owned a hobbywing motor.

I like the backflips 😱lol you soooo lucky wow nice car.
thank you bro *-*

here pics after stretching

20220814_162614.jpg

20220814_162611.jpg

No it'll be just fine,,,,,esc just feeds motor watts the motor ask for....I run both y an d motors,I just keep timing at 0.....from what I understand the xlx2 will adjust timing on its own while running motor......I've heard of 4268,but never heard of 4278..is it a sensorless motor..never owned a hobbywing motor.
this is the motor from the new max8 g2 combo.

and yeah i knew that the battery gives the esc power where the motor asks for..
but im curious because of the winding type

thank you bro *-*

here pics after stretching

View attachment 236069

View attachment 236071

this is the motor from the new max8 g2 combo.

and yeah i knew that the battery gives the esc power where the motor asks for..
but im curious because of the winding type
Just run 0 timing..I'm constantly try different motors an have run tp d wind with 10-15% timing on accident with zero issues.im talking 3480kv,3800kv motors on 130ish mph passes.don't now what castle did since the BIG D-WIND FEASCO.

Hey.
I just bought a brand new castle 1717 - 1650 kv

This is my Typhon 196 kph run

I ordered some saga gears and geared now up but the weather in germany sucks :-(

View attachment 244847
Nice :) The 1717 is a great motor. Yeah, weather has been balls in Germany the last two weeks. I hope we get another week or two of decent weather before the end of the season and it all goes to :poop:.

Nice :) The 1717 is a great motor. Yeah, weather has been balls in Germany the last two weeks. I hope we get another week or two of decent weather before the end of the season and it all goes to :poop:.
Ach geil, das erste mal hier'n Deutschen getroffen lol :D
Nice to meet another german people ^^

Rest of this week should be dry
Yea hope so on thursday. :)
You come from netherlands.
My dad is from there.
Also i drive my speedruns always in Klazienaveen (can see in my vid), maybe you know this city:D

Under 20 degrees i wont do a run.

Screenshot_20220920-231155_Weather.jpg

Nice, an dem Cap Pack sieht man das de wirklich Deutscher bist :p Der gute Arne :)

Btw. you do speedruns on hoons tires?
It's not strictly necessary with the XLX2 but I had it laying around from when I was using the MMX8S and I have enough real estate inside the car so in it went.

No, no Hoons. I moved to Contact foams for speed running. The Powerhobby Gripper wheels were purely for aesthetic reasons because I thought they would look good with the Porsche 917K body. If I ever make it to a race track, I might give 'em a try there but I don't want to blow them up speed running. They were stupid expensive to get to Germany.

It's not strictly necessary with the XLX2 but I had it laying around from when I was using the MMX8S and I have enough real estate inside the car so in it went.

No, no Hoons. I moved to Contact foams for speed running. The Powerhobby Gripper wheels were purely for aesthetic reasons because I thought they would look good with the Porsche 917K body. If I ever make it to a race track, I might give 'em a try there but I don't want to blow them up speed running. They were stupid expensive to get to Germany.
Yes, they are quite expensive :D
Ah, okay.
Yea i know, if you go hard with mmx8s speedrunning u need to get a cap pack but the xlx2 can handle well without, also i don't run pack :)

Yes, they are quite expensive :D
Ah, okay.
Yea i know, if you go hard with mmx8s speedrunning u need to get a cap pack but the xlx2 can handle well without, also i don't run pack :)
I'm trying to break 200km/h on 3S. I'm close. My PB on 3S is 196 so far. Hope to do it on my next outing. If I don't improve next pass I'm moving on to 4S.

I'm trying to break 200km/h on 3S. I'm close. My PB on 3S is 196 so far. Hope to do it on my next outing. If I don't improve next pass I'm moving on to 4S.
Uhm...how much current u draw? :D (Amps)
I am running 6s and try to push it to the max while drive a open wheel car :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back