Castle1650kv motor shaft bigger than arrma’s 2050kv motor??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMA-GET’M

Reaction score
I want to know for sure what are the two sizes of the castle 1650 and arrma 2050 motors… they are not the same bcs the pinions do NOT just slide onto the 1650 as they will be impossible to remove and other pinions don’t even begin to slid on at all. I’ve found mixed information about both motors in different sources so I’m left with the thought that castle 1650 is one millimeter larger than the arrma 2050 motor. As in 4mm and 5mm or …. 5mm and 6mm. Right now the 16 tooth fits the castle 1650 but not the 17 or 27 tooth which all fit the ARRMA 2050 motor so what’s going on lol??

I want to know for sure what are the two sizes of the castle 1650 and arrma 2050 motors… they are not the same bcs the pinions do NOT just slide onto the 1650 as they will be impossible to remove and other pinions don’t even begin to slid on at all. I’ve found mixed information about both motors in different sources so I’m left with the thought that castle 1650 is one millimeter larger than the arrma 2050 motor. As in 4mm and 5mm or …. 5mm and 6mm. Right now the 16 tooth fits the castle 1650 but not the 17 or 27 tooth which all fit the ARRMA 2050 motor so what’s going on lol??
What brand pinions are they. I don't own a castle. But I thought they both where 5mm shafts. If the arrma motor have the saftyD clip thing on it? Maybe that has something to do with it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Use Tekno 5mm I.D. Pinions, if buying new ones.
Motors in this range come with either 5 or 8mm shafts. No in-betweens.
Like stated above, the Arrma Safe-D setup pinions/may be off a bit. Stockers have been a problem for some of us.
Sometimes remaining factory applied Red Thread locker builds up on the pinion also. Try cleaning both the motor shaft and Pinion better? If you have not.

If you’re using SAFE-D pinions, they require that the flat is cut all the way down to the end of the shaft. If the castle motor does not have that then the pinion will not slide on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back