Kraton Castled and Protek’d EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Typhon 3s
I took the plunge and finally got all my electronics in this EXB roller

Castle Mamba Monster X 8S

Castle 1717 - 1650KV motor

Castle B-link

Robinson 18t Pinion

Protek 370TBL Servo

Ran it on 3S so far to test the gear mesh and electronics.

any tips on the diff prepping would be appreciated as that’s my next step before running on 6S

014D9CD3-1249-4197-94A9-558D6DCE9261.jpeg

37534704-B515-4883-9826-D37E67143289.jpeg

412F281E-54DB-4817-A35E-9046593C4631.jpeg

9DDD0D0F-665E-4BD5-A043-FD9BB324699D.jpeg

E29C7261-D27D-4CA6-B122-083F1F2A0A52.jpeg

Forgot to include the body which I took off all the noise

815D0993-2349-4173-B5E8-266FDCEC7B7A.jpeg

7D998454-1A25-4A9D-95A4-4702A7DECC4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry “new” autocorrect got me

Ahh I see. Not a new variant, just not part of the initial batch that had problems with improperly shimmed open rear diffs. Yours came with the shim pack so it is “new” in that it has a limited slip rear diff and will work fine out of the box.

Ahh I see. Not a new variant, just not part of the initial batch that had problems with improperly shimmed open rear diffs. Yours came with the shim pack so it is “new” in that it has a limited slip rear diff and will work fine out of the box.
Ahhh ok... I’m thinking I should still get in the diffs and make sure they filled them properly

So is that the stock Castle sensor wire? Just curious, when I tried stock it wasn’t long enough and I had to go the Castle direct cable that removed the short wire out of ESC.

This Servo saver sucks .... does this thing even save a Servo? Is there a saver delete option that you guys know of ? For a bit I thought this Servo wasn’t working right and it turned out the saver was saving

This Servo saver sucks .... does this thing even save a Servo? Is there a saver delete option that you guys know of ? For a bit I thought this Servo wasn’t working right and it turned out the saver was saving

I just built and ran an EXB. Why are you worried about the servo saver? I just dropped in an Ecoboost and connected the servo horn. Done. Steers stupidly fast and strong. No problem with the servo saver. Is yours loose?

could be .... I had my rig on on an uneven part of the concrete and noticed the Servo wasn’t on full lock.... popped the top and saw the Servo was full lock but the saver was giving in ... I came from a rock crawler and I’m use to my servos moving the whole rig
I just built and ran an EXB. Why are you worried about the servo saver? I just dropped in an Ecoboost and connected the servo horn. Done. Steers stupidly fast and strong. No problem with the servo saver. Is yours loose?
You have a build thread? Drop some pics here if you don’t mind.... would love to see what your running

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back