Kraton Castled and Protek’d EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool thread ?

Wondering if you tried out the diff shim sets? i grabbed some of those as well, for my rear in my EXB, and used 30K fluid. When i rotate the diff sometimes it hangs up...then lets me spin it again. ?

cool thread ?

Wondering if you tried out the diff shim sets? i grabbed some of those as well, for my rear in my EXB, and used 30K fluid. When i rotate the diff sometimes it hangs up...then lets me spin it again. ?
I haven’t yet.... I will try soon.... sounds like something is getting hung up in your diff .... 30k isn’t that viscous to cause hang ups

I haven’t yet.... I will try soon.... sounds like something is getting hung up in your diff .... 30k isn’t that viscous to cause hang ups
30k is plenty viscous in a LSD diff. It's equal to 3x that minimal LSD and 5x maximum effect.

Hanging up... what if you have the LSD plates turned so they aren't stacked the right way?

I’m considering doing that as well.

I might have to go that route, thanks for the info

Ordering now lol
I have the same setup motor and esc wise. Went out racing and lost all power to the wheels under load. Pulled the center diff apart and couldn't even get the internals out. A horrid sound came with all of this. Horizon and AMain both recommended 500k or 600k in the center but nothing for front or rear.

I have the same setup motor and esc wise. Went out racing and lost all power to the wheels under load. Pulled the center diff apart and couldn't even get the internals out. A horrid sound came with all of this. Horizon and AMain both recommended 500k or 600k in the center but nothing for front or rear.

Then they don’t know what they are talking about. That is a maximum effect stacked LSD in the center and it will act on slip like 5x the weight. That means 100k will act like 500k once it starts to slip. Putting 500k in that diff is effectively 2.5 million once it starts to slip.

30k is plenty viscous in a LSD diff. It's equal to 3x that minimal LSD and 5x maximum effect.

Hanging up... what if you have the LSD plates turned so they aren't stacked the right way?

I am not using the LDS discs, just using what came in that little kit of shims.

Is this correct if i use the shim kit? I wont use the LSD discs if I use the shims in the kit?

I am not using the LDS discs, just using what came in that little kit of shims.

Is this correct if i use the shim kit? I wont use the LSD discs if I use the shims in the kit?

If you want the rear diff to be "open" you pull out the LSD plates and use the shims, yes. Only the rear diff. The center diff should be left stock which is maximum effect LSD and the front also maximum effect LSD.

If you want the rear diff to be "open" you pull out the LSD plates and use the shims, yes. Only the rear diff. The center diff should be left stock which is maximum effect LSD and the front also maximum effect LSD.
Okay cool. ?

Thanks man!

and does the "?" mean anything when you guys use them ? LOL

and does the "?" mean anything when you guys use them ? LOL

I've seen a lot of these random question marks and was wondering why, figured it must be some super secret inside knowledge or something. :ROFLMAO:

@WoodiE .. I've noticed this too, is there some sort of bug in the code on the site somewhere 🤔 as I know on some of my older posts I had smileys or winky faces now it's all ? marks..

@WoodiE .. I've noticed this too, is there some sort of bug in the code on the site somewhere 🤔 as I know on some of my older posts I had smileys or winky faces now it's all ? marks..

Ohhhh I get it. I had no idea what you were talking about, but it must be what happens when I enter an emoji with my phone that the site doesn’t have a corresponding emoji for. I can see them on my phone, but your platform must fill in ?? instead.

iPhone emoji: 🤪 or 🤦‍♂️🏋️‍♀️🥶.

yay I get to figure out this puzzle .... these bolts cracked and now I have to decide if I’m drilling them out or getting a new show tower

C83CA25F-4123-4F07-83C3-0F4EBBF2E926.jpeg

Last edited:
Just remove the tower and there should be enough bolt to get hold of and remove 👍🏼
Don't see why you would need a new tower, unless you fancy an upgrade M2C maybe 😉
There is plastic that the rest of the bolts are in . I guess when I take it all apart I will understand what you mean

There is plastic that the rest of the bolts are in . I guess when I take it all apart I will understand what you mean
Tower holes are thru holes, so once you take everything apart you slide the tower off the 2 stubs, and then hold onto the stubs to remove what's left of the fasteners from the plastic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back