Kraton Castled and Protek’d EXB build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t get around to the thread yet. Nothing fancy. I have temporarily zip-tied the Max6 in it until my 6.5mm bullets arrive. I plugged the motor leads straight into the ESC for now to test it out. I checked the diffs and rebuilt the rear one as LSD with 5k fluid in it.

Setting up to put clear vinyl on the bottom and I’ll take more pics.

2EBB2702-7571-4C7D-80F7-82574977B1BA.jpeg

C5829B3A-EC6A-418D-A417-31B8E17F575A.jpeg

5E8ECB43-97AD-4077-BC97-E992E7FA0509.jpeg

C618BE2F-EF5B-493B-ADA1-66E52B369B14.jpeg

B5FD62ED-7DC6-4098-905B-D8F8092536B5.jpeg

I just did a 6S run, lowered the throttle Expo a bunch. No crazy sounds or binding. Hopefully I can break this shelf queen later today. Everyone feel free to share some ESC settings . I know there were people saying that there was not a lot of power out of this castle setup .... I had to reverse my Transmitter and reverse on the castle link program. Now I got all the power going forward and proper reverse

Last edited:
If its loose it wont steer from a standstill
I just did a 6S run, lowered the throttle Expo a bunch. No crazy sounds or binding. Hopefully I can break this shelf queen later today. Everyone feel free to share some ESC settings . I know there were people saying that there was not a lot of power out of this castle setup .... I had to reverse my Transmitter and reverse on the castle link program. Now I got all the power going forward and proper reverse
Nice action picture
Nice action picture

Got some new shoes for the OG runner... someone suggested these would help with temps as they are lighter and slip a little more... hoping this lowers temps just a bit.... really digging how these backflips look but it just might be the inner me placebo
5B382943-020E-40EB-A823-65AC410A9A5F.jpeg
F8024DF2-F46B-4D00-A552-585B44865D88.jpeg
656CAA50-097A-4E9C-8546-9C85DD424174.jpeg

621C91A8-8640-419A-96F4-920A11D145F8.jpeg

Last edited:

Could you elaborate on this a little bit. I have just installed a MMX8s/1650Kv setup and I am having trouble dialing in the brakes and it does feel a bit underwhelming. So far all I have done is reverse the transmitter but haven't programmed the ESC yet. The brakes are so aggressive it will flip the truck over at higher speeds.

I reveresed the transmitter as well... I almost wanna say it’s a futaba castle thing
did you reset the transmitter direction after changing it in the ESC?
Yup
My reverse was spinning tires crazy.... same exact as you.... made the changes and now throttle wheelies no matter how fast

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back