Typhon CastleMMX/1515-2200Kv in a Typhon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I put a Castle MMX and a Castle 1515-2200Kv motor in my Kraton but I am thinking about moving it to my Typhon instead. I think this combo might be better suited for the lighter Typhon. Any thoughts? Keep it in the Kraton or move it to the Typhon?

It'll rip in in both, but in the Typhon it's a consistent 100+mph combo with the right gearing and tires

I put a Castle MMX and a Castle 1515-2200Kv motor in my Kraton but I am thinking about moving it to my Typhon instead. I think this combo might be better suited for the lighter Typhon. Any thoughts? Keep it in the Kraton or move it to the Typhon?
I’m having hard enough time controlling mine stock on 4s. That’s just nuckin futz

Of you think it'll do better on the Typhon, try it out. Thanks though. I was considering that combo for my Kraton or the Leopard 1740

Old thread .... but also just did similar installing a TORO Pro-8 2350 kv into my typhon.
My son & i both run on 3S 50c 5000s and wanted a tad more speed and a tad less torque than the factory 2050

So far the combo is a better match for the cells we're running ... faster too !

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back