Castrol hasn't forgot nitro cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
Saw this on the side of a Castrol display at Walmart. Looks like a pretty rad nitro car.

20210628_183257.jpg

Castrol can kiss my a$$, after their parent company polluted our Gulf, killed our jobs, seafood and wildlife.

bahahaha that's the same photo boca bearings used in their add....who even uses oil cans anymore. Oil up the tin man lmao...
Wait wtf exactly is he doing with the oil can? There isn't anything there that needs lube and you certainly wouldn't use oil.

Am I the only one who wants to know what truck that is?

I'm sure it's a stock photo, but the double shocks had me interested.
I tried searching Google for a while and I couldn't find any nitro rcs that looked like that.

That's pretty awesome! Definitely shows how much the hobby has made a comeback in recent years and is growing in popularity more and moređź‘Ť
I wish that was the case here. I can count on one hand how many rc’s I’ve seen in parks while I’m out and I’m out all the time with the dog. There is almost no interest here except for crawling and I would not say that is growing much either. Ran into one guy at a construction site 2 years ago and I see evidence in one other place I run, those are the last sightings for as long as I can remember.

Holy moly, I found something very similar. It was on the front page of GPM's site. The HPI Bullet MT 3.0. Sick looking truck.
Close but the one in the pic above has a HCG chassis the Bullet has a flat pan LCG chassis.

This is the closest thing I can find. This is a Kyosho Giga Crusher SF.

kyosho-giga-crusher_1_e3b3a0a42779b1f7339e05671d81a9ee.jpg

AE mgt 8.0? Front looks similar but has different "roll" bar...
That's what I thought at first but then I noticed the under bracing.

I think it is a Kyosho Giga Crusher with the exhaust removed, an aftermarket air cleaner and aftermarket tires. Battery box is also open on the Castrol pic.

kyosho-giga-crusher-speed-trans_1_d25944fb69b8d60e27da10b11006a4c7.jpg

On an unrelated note, this one looks bad assed.
Kyosho-Giga-Crusher-DF-OPT-Force-Chassis.jpg

Last edited:
Still have a few from the old days.
New Jato in box from 2005
20200302_183512.jpg
20201018_203510.jpg

I know you like the Hobao because you had a hard time deciding on the MT or buggy awhile back.

Only reason I am thinking about the Revo is because I already have a Summit. I don't have anything from Hobao at the moment. Also my LHS sells a boat load of Traxxas.

Last edited:
Only reason I am thinking about the Revo is because I already have a Summit. I don't have anything from Hobao at the moment.
Then get the Revo, I had the Revo 2.5 when they first came out, 2004 I think, was my first nitro, really liked that truck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back