CC esc switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
I'm a diehard CC motor and esc fanatic.
I have one issue with their esc's though. The switches they use for all their esc's.
Its all the same P.O.S. switch!
Anyone have suggestions on a better waterproof and rugged switch?

I would prefer a push button type but if there is a really good one thats not button type I'm open to
suggestions.
escswitch.jpg

I'm a diehard CC motor and esc fanatic.
I have one issue with their esc's though. The switches they use for all their esc's.
Its all the same P.O.S. switch!
Anyone have suggestions on a better waterproof and rugged switch?

I would prefer a push button type but if there is a really good one thats not button type I'm open to
suggestions.

View attachment 176334

When my XLX2 died and I called castle their tech support actually told me a lot of people just remove the switch and just solder the wires together. She said the switch can actually cause issues sometimes

When my XLX2 died and I called castle their tech support actually told me a lot of people just remove the switch and just solder the wires together. She said the switch can actually cause issues sometimes
So just use plugging in the batteries as the on switch?

So just use plugging in the batteries as the on switch?
Yessir that's what she told me. But give them a call and ask for your own knowledge, I don't want to cause any problems by chance. They were always very nice when I called

Yessir that's what she told me. But give them a call and ask for your own knowledge, I don't want to cause any problems by chance. They were always very nice when I called
Its not the first tome Ive heard of that but never gave it much thought. But actually it being told to me by you it makes sense now. Thats why in some manuals for receivers they say to turn on you esc by the switch or if it doesn't have one to plug in your battery.
I'll call Castle to double check but it sounds right to me. Thanks for that!

Bro I was told the same by castle I’m like no I paid for warranty I told them it’s under warranty they sent me a new one he said it gets like that because of dirt or water gets in there so got me thinking I put the switch in rice for a day bro when I tell you I still have the original switch on a PPS mount and 2 that castle sent me happens twice I brought it back so I make sure it doesn’t get wet or dirty try it and watch rice in a small cup and let it sit in there let me know !

Now my dilemma is switch or no switch....????? :ROFLMAO:
Bro I was told the same by castle I’m like no I paid for warranty I told them it’s under warranty they sent me a new one he said it gets like that because of dirt or water gets in there so got me thinking I put the switch in rice for a day bro when I tell you I still have the original switch on a PPS mount and 2 that castle sent me happens twice I brought it back so I make sure it doesn’t get wet or dirty try it and watch rice in a small cup and let it sit in there let me know !
Yea the switch itself seems ok but the rubber they use to make it waterproof sucks!!!!

Lol wow that was smart, rice is a beautiful thing. But honestly if I ever got another castle I would just go no switch. Less headache

Lol wow that was smart, rice is a beautiful thing. But honestly if I ever got another castle I would just go no switch. Less headache
true...but good to know theres all kinds of options. the rice thing is a different approach for sure.
also having no switch would clean up wiring just a little more which is a good thing.

true...but good to know theres all kinds of options. the rice thing is a different approach for sure.
also having no switch would clean up wiring just a little more which is a good thing.
I’ve been running the same switch all summer no issues after to dips in rice for a day or two if you ever want to see try it or pig tail it I just like my stuff looking oem as far as electronics you know.

I’ve been running the same switch all summer no issues after to dips in rice for a day or two if you ever want to see try it or pig tail it I just like my stuff looking oem as far as electronics you know.
I'm with you on that. I'll probably try it before changing anything. This esc is new so no trouble with the switch yet but good to know I can try the rice thing before cutting wires of a new esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back