Big Rock Ccw 150a esc motor motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenyanr1

Reaction score
Hello guys. I just installed a new 150a spektrum esc into my big rock. I color matched the wires to the motor and after calibrating, the motor runs backwards. I switched the outer wires and it seems to run normal. My question is, is this safe operation for the motor? I read in another thread that option 11 in the esc calibration mode is where the rotation can be switched to clockwise. Anybody have any experience with switching the rotation in the esc settings?
Thanks

Hello guys. I just installed a new 150a spektrum esc into my big rock. I color matched the wires to the motor and after calibrating, the motor runs backwards. I switched the outer wires and it seems to run normal. My question is, is this safe operation for the motor? I read in another thread that option 11 in the esc calibration mode is where the rotation can be switched to clockwise. Anybody have any experience with switching the rotation in the esc settings?
Thanks
As long as the motor is not sensored then you are safe swapping the wires around.

This will allow you to reverse the motor orientation also.
Much easier and cheaper to swap any two of the three wires tho.
Screenshot_20220503-041618_Amazon Shopping.jpg

as mentioned above, for non-sensored motors, flipping two wires is fine. If you’re OCD about wire colors, A/B/C matching then set it in the ESC which can be done without a programming box - although having one does make life easier.

Thanks for the advice guys. Does anyone have the instructions to reprogram it in the esc?

Thanks for the advice guys. Does anyone have the instructions to reprogram it in the esc?

The menu of features and options should be in your manual as well as programming instructions. If you don’t have a manual you can download it from the Spektrum or Horizon website

The menu of features and options should be in your manual as well as programming instructions. If you don’t have a manual you can download it from the Spektrum or Horizon website
I bought the esc from Jenny’s rc online. I’ll check spektrums website. Thanks
I've tried but was unsuccessful, so I bought the programmer.
I may have to look into one of those. Thanks

I bought the esc from Jenny’s rc online. I’ll check spektrums website. Thanks

I may have to look into one of those. Thanks
If you bought the ESC from Jenny’s, look up the specific manual for the truck that the particular ESC came from. Some of the RTR ESCs have different programming instructions than a new in box Spektrum ESC.

IIRC, the motor rotation is one thing that either cannot be changed or is difficult to do without a programming card. I had that happen on Spektrum, Castle, and Hobbywing systems. Some manufacturers let you use a set button to change motor rotation, but some do not. Castle does not, as I found out when I put a MMX 8s system in my Kraton. I had to buy the programming card to run it in sensored mode.

Got both of these off spektrums website. What do you guys think? Anybody done this using option 2 or 10?

C0B0844D-0892-4E14-A659-1491A2FFA42F.png

80C56D16-21AA-4A5C-B511-374B5AFA7E27.png

Why I like the program box cheap and can see all options in the ESC no need of a manual. It is handy to have if you plan to have a number of Spektrum motors.

I feel motor timing is too high I bring all my down to 15deg but for you to test. In the twenties not needed adds more heat for a basher.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back