Cell Phone GPS installed in iPhone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotnitro

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
I know a guy looking for a GPS jammer or case that would block GPS signals coming out of the phone so he couldn't be tracked. (cant turn it off) Before he spends big dollars on a signal jammer, anyone know of a signal jamming bag that actually works so he can make the IT department Fukcing crazy?

You're not going to find anything that will block only GPS.

That said, something like a faraday bag will block all signals coming to and from the phone.

So that bag would block everything including calls, GPS and text messages! Sweet! TY!

The most effective way to keep from being tracked is to completely remove the power source.

Problem is its an iPhone. I know the batt can be removed but its a pain in the keister.. He has to use it periodically.

FYI,
GPS jammers are illegal and you will be caught eventually. Do not even consider it as you impact other people as well.
Simple ESD bags for electronics will do, it will block all signals.

Just a word of caution and tell him to read the fineprint. This is extremely easy to detect, not the first person trying to do it and easily 10 years behind that power curve. He will be fired for doing it if this is a company phone or he agrees to all this goodness. They are tracked for a reason and if tracking mysteriously does not work, they will find out through the tracking company. I give it 1-2 month max pending how they enforce it.

Phone also has sensor data that can't be blocked (accels and gyros), no idea how accurate for long distance but they sense movement and compare to GPS.
With GPS absent an alert will be logged, if this happens every time he leaves the house it's easy to fire him.

I know a guy looking for a GPS jammer or case that would block GPS signals coming out of the phone so he couldn't be tracked. (cant turn it off) Before he spends big dollars on a signal jammer, anyone know of a signal jamming bag that actually works so he can make the IT department Fukcing crazy?
Why can't you turn off the GPS transceiver? I keep mine off on my android phones till I need it? Also, who you afraid is tracking you? If it's the government nothing you do will stop them finding you if they really want to. Also, if you block the signals for the GPS you're also going to block the signals from your other transceivers (Bluetooth, wifi, mobile, etc) effected making it useless for anything other than being a calculator...

LOL!

See this:

Watch ""Weird Al" Yankovic - Foil (Official Video)" on YouTube
Seriously though, if it's his companies policy simply don't use the company phone or opt out of byod. My company has a similar thing but does not track location...lead lined copper box would kill all signals...

Last edited:
FYI,
GPS jammers are illegal and you will be caught eventually. Do not even consider it as you impact other people as well.
Simple ESD bags for electronics will do, it will block all signals.

Just a word of caution and tell him to read the fineprint. This is extremely easy to detect, not the first person trying to do it and easily 10 years behind that power curve. He will be fired for doing it if this is a company phone or he agrees to all this goodness. They are tracked for a reason and if tracking mysteriously does not work, they will find out through the tracking company. I give it 1-2 month max pending how they enforce it.

Phone also has sensor data that can't be blocked (accels and gyros), no idea how accurate for long distance but they sense movement and compare to GPS.
With GPS absent an alert will be logged, if this happens every time he leaves the house it's easy to fire him.

He said this is a management program that manages apps on phones but he looked online and it’s able to track as well. The company never said they were tracking but he’s put 2&2 together.

He said this is a management program that manages apps on phones but he looked online and it’s able to track as well. The company never said they were tracking but he’s put 2&2 together.
I doubt it tracks. We use Microsoft company portal which does not access navigation. I work in IT and have not heard of that capability from the monitoring software we'd use to track information. The only thing they should be doing is forcing a lock screen, ability to wipe the device should you leave the company and track data through company portal such as emails and documents...

They'd have to have a separate app designed specifically for accessing navigation details. I don't know if you can kill navi on an apple device but you sure as heck can on Android;)

My suggestion, if it is his personal phone I'd uninstall all that shiz and make the company provide another phone if they arenintwnt on tracking. They cannot legally force you into this sort of stuff using your own device unless you approve it youraelf...

I doubt it tracks. We use Microsoft company portal which does not access navigation. I work in IT and have not heard of that capability from the monitoring software we'd use to track information. The only thing they should be doing is forcing a lock screen, ability to wipe the device should you leave the company and track data through company portal such as emails and documents...

They'd have to have a separate app designed specifically for accessing navigation details. I don't know if you can kill navi on an apple device but you sure as heck can on Android;)

My suggestion, if it is his personal phone I'd uninstall all that shiz and make the company provide another phone if they arenintwnt on tracking. They cannot legally force you into this sort of stuff using your own device unless you approve it youraelf...

By law, does a company have to tell you the phone they provide is tracked? I’ve heard different things from different positions within companies. Some say that If everyone is tracked that has a company phone, there is no liability for discrimination and they don’t have to disclose that info.

By law, does a company have to tell you the phone they provide is tracked? I’ve heard different things from different positions within companies. Some say that If everyone is tracked that has a company phone, there is no liability for discrimination and they don’t have to disclose that info.
That would be a state statute.

Depends on where you live, in Texas you have to disclose any time you intend to track or record you in any way. That said, if you're using a company phone they can do pretty much anything they want. This is why i keep my personal and work separate;)
He just told me the app is called mobile device management. I looked it up and there is tracking features.
Most have the capability to "expand" with "features" g can go as far as letting them remotely activate the camera or microphone or even screen record...but they are separate apps within the larger program that need to be activated...for a chatge ;)

I would stick that sucker in a closet or just leave it turned off if he really wants to not be tracked...easiest thing, just turn it off and don't bring it with you.

If the issue is you don't have a personal phone I would suggest getting one ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back