Cell voltage and weather

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickelitrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Does freezing degrees affect the cells in any way? Cause my last runs ive had a few -C degrees....and heres my problem.
2x3s gensacearespammers.....when it cuts off in minus degrees i had on 1st batt 3.4 3.2 3.2 and 2nd i had 3.2 3.4 3.4
On my other two 3s batteries it cut off at quite balanced voltages but it was way too low like 3.0 and some cell was even 2.9v
So is this an issue cause by wintertemps or is it more likely something else?

Does freezing degrees affect the cells in any way? Cause my last runs ive had a few -C degrees....and heres my problem.
2x3s gensacearespammers.....when it cuts off in minus degrees i had on 1st batt 3.4 3.2 3.2 and 2nd i had 3.2 3.4 3.4
On my other two 3s batteries it cut off at quite balanced voltages but it was way too low like 3.0 and some cell was even 2.9v
So is this an issue cause by wintertemps or is it more likely something else?
Prewarm your packs before use and measure again,lipos don't work well at cold conditions.

And when you was driving outside and the LiPos are cold, so wait a while till you charge them.
You will see that the voltage / cell will grow up a little.
I put my second battery pack always, if it is cold outside, in the inside pockets of my jacket.

Greets from Germany with no snow an 1°+ in my Area ...

Lonee

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back