Kraton Center diff assembly - please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albuht813

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
Just removed all 8 screws from the diff! Was nervous through the whole process but it was a success! No broken screws! My tip would be to heat up the diff with whatever method (I used a Milwaukee heat gun) and wait until the the screws come loose with medium amount of effort. If they don’t budge because you’re afraid of stripping it, then heat it up more. They will come out very nicely.

So my question is: are there supposed to be 3 plastic tabs spaced apart evenly on 1side of the diff? I’m not sure if I lost one or not.

The second question is I found a rubber disc as well that fell on the floor. The disc is about 2cm in diameter and about 2 mm thick. Is this a part of the diff assembly? I’m not sure where this came from. Thanks guys

Just removed all 8 screws from the diff! Was nervous through the whole process but it was a success! No broken screws! My tip would be to heat up the diff with whatever method (I used a Milwaukee heat gun) and wait until the the screws come loose with medium amount of effort. If they don’t budge because you’re afraid of stripping it, then heat it up more. They will come out very nicely.

So my question is: are there supposed to be 3 plastic tabs spaced apart evenly on 1side of the diff? I’m not sure if I lost one or not.

The second question is I found a rubber disc as well that fell on the floor. The disc is about 2cm in diameter and about 2 mm thick. Is this a part of the diff assembly? I’m not sure where this came from. Thanks guys
Have you tried checking the exploded view of the K8S on the Arrma website? Pretty sure you'll find all the images you need to put it back together properly

That gasket is a seal on the bottom of the center diff.

Thanks y’all! I totally forgot I had that exploded diagram. And thanks for the tip on the gasket

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back