Senton Center diff breaking / running hot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...that's what my Senton thought when I tried to brake with the broken center diff...

...sorry, couldn't resist :)

Well we just installed everything today.

- Cleaned, bulletproofed and filled rear diff, 30K oil
- All new bulletproofed center diff, filled, 200k oil
- All new bulletproofed front diff, filled, 60k oil

2 Planetary shims + 2 additional spider shims (1 extra on each rod) like in the video were too much for me, very hard to turn the diff and you could feel the gears grinding ... one planetary shim on the bottom of the diff + 2 additional spider shims were just perfect

- New diff housing front
- All bearings renewed/replaced with sealed bearings
- Replaced friction bearings in steering with sealed bearings
- New plastic center diff mount (the one opposite and on top of the motor mount)

Aaaaaaand it's working!!!
I'm pretty damn sure it was a misalignment in the front diff causing this. The new front diff was not as harsh to install like the old one ... but I swapped the diff housing anyways, just in case it was what caused the misalignment.

Bashed it onroad for 10 minutes, really gave him hell. Center diff temp was 44°C (111F), a LOT lower than it used to be.

THANK YOU ALL for your help and support (also the mental one)! I really appreciate it!

Well we just installed everything today.

- Cleaned, bulletproofed and filled rear diff, 30K oil
- All new bulletproofed center diff, filled, 200k oil
- All new bulletproofed front diff, filled, 60k oil

2 Planetary shims + 2 additional spider shims (1 extra on each rod) like in the video were too much for me, very hard to turn the diff and you could feel the gears grinding ... one planetary shim on the bottom of the diff + 2 additional spider shims were just perfect

- New diff housing front
- All bearings renewed/replaced with sealed bearings
- Replaced friction bearings in steering with sealed bearings
- New plastic center diff mount (the one opposite and on top of the motor mount)

Aaaaaaand it's working!!!
I'm pretty damn sure it was a misalignment in the front diff causing this. The new front diff was not as harsh to install like the old one ... but I swapped the diff housing anyways, just in case it was what caused the misalignment.

Bashed it onroad for 10 minutes, really gave him hell. Center diff temp was 44°C (111F), a LOT lower than it used to be.

THANK YOU ALL for your help and support (also the mental one)! I really appreciate it!

awesome dude. ..

wow...few things...you got any pics?..I was going to say shimming but looks like you checked the clearances already...looks like you did everything....shimming on the internal spider gears?...

just to be thorough. ..you checked all the bearings...and you notice it after ten mins of running...and that's good info..all the air out of the diffs?..I am just reaching cause thus is really strange...

you are obviously well familiar with the diffs by now...have you tried any of the "bullet proofing" mods done by Tp-Parts Rc-Xtreme that he shows on his youtube channel?..
Slipper clutch too tight because i just did the same thing

Slipper clutch too tight because i just did the same thing
First way to necro a 5 year old thread.
Second the Arrma 6s models do not have a slipper clutch..............

First way to necro a 5 year old thread.
Second the Arrma 6s models do not have a slipper clutch..............
Yes i realise its 5 years old but i had just joined the arrma forum and this was my test run. As for the slipper clutch i don't know what i did but i sure fried something.

Yes i realise its 5 years old but i had just joined the arrma forum and this was my test run. As for the slipper clutch i don't know what i did but i sure fried something.
Fried? Uh oh.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back