Senton Center diff confusion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPK73

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Maybe this question has already been answered. Diff fluid. I see several posts saying they use 100,000 up to 700,000cst fluid in there center diffs. The manual recommends 10,000. That's a big difference. I know there is now correct answer, but personal preference. So overall is it better to be in the 10,000s range or 100,000s range.

I’m new and haven’t run enough different setups, but I think the answer depends on your application. I am going to increase to higher on my notorious because I like wheelies so I would rather have more power to the rear and less front ballooning. But I will be sacrificing ground handling for that, and that might be just fine, but I think it will be a little different for everyone. If you are mostly wanting more wheelies and jumps but are not worried about how it handles on the ground going higher might be feel better for you. Higher grip surface you can run higher in the center without the back end getting too loose on power. Smoother throttle finger and you can run higher too. If you run on on lots of high grip surfaces you can go up in center diff fluid. If you run on loose stuff you may need to keep it lower or it will get too tail happy under power.

Most people use 100k-500k in the center diff. I personally use 500k in the center diff since the powers gets distributed more evenly. Some even use 1million k fluid or silicone ear plugs which is insanely stiff. All personal preference!

Maybe this question has already been answered. Diff fluid. I see several posts saying they use 100,000 up to 700,000cst fluid in there center diffs. The manual recommends 10,000. That's a big difference. I know there is now correct answer, but personal preference. So overall is it better to be in the 10,000s range or 100,000s range.
I'm pretty sure the factory is 100k in the center diff , not 10k . Anyway , I set up my Senton 6s BLX V3 for street use , Hoons on it and noticed the front spinning way more than the back during hard take offs ( slow motion filmed ) . Switched the center diff to 300k , BIG difference , takes off like a bullet !!!! Seems to be the sweet spot for what I'm doing with this truck .

Manual is a typo. 100,000 cst (or 100k as we say casually) is stock.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back