Kraton Center diff cup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Ok next question. My center diff cup has some gouging and seeps diff oil no matter what I’d do. I want to upgrade to aluminum. Which aluminum diff cup and shims are preferred? Thanks

I believe you want the ARA220050 case for your model but will someone please correct me if wrong.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050

Sorry, about the shims. I believe people have been recommending the Mugen shims for the planetary gears and otherwise it's stock guts as far as I know. Again, haven't quite got there myself so please correct me if wrong. Cheers

Last edited:
Ok next question. My center diff cup has some gouging and seeps diff oil no matter what I’d do. I want to upgrade to aluminum. Which aluminum diff cup and shims are preferred? Thanks
I think the arma aluminum diff cups are best. I had the hot racing ones with the rubber o ring type gasgets and they are a pain to get to seat right.

I think the arma aluminum diff cups are best. I had the hot racing ones with the rubber o ring type gasgets and they are a pain to get to seat right.
Right? It's like trying to give a cat a bath.

Right? It's like trying to give a cat a bath.
That's funny I cursed those things until i broke down and bought the armas. I don't know what size the small shims are in the diffs. If anyone has the size that would be sweet because I'm about ready to do mine. I guess I could check my manual but im lazy. The rebuild kits only come with four and I've noticed with the arma aluminum diffs they seem to wear a bit faster than the stock plastic diffs.

You typically do not need any additional shims for the center diff but never hurts to have some on hand.
I still like having the larger Mugen shims behind the sun gear to support the pins on the outdrives.

I believe you want the ARA220050 case for your model but will someone please correct me if wrong.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA220050

Sorry, about the shims. I believe people have been recommending the Mugen shims for the planetary gears and otherwise it's stock guts as far as I know. Again, haven't quite got there myself so please correct me if wrong. Che

You want the Mugen E0206 for the internals of the RTR 6S diffs.
Sweet thanks for that info.

It must be a hot racing thing. I had a helluva time getting some of the o rings in the hr shock bodies for my sons brcc.
Unrelated to RC but we have issues keeping gaskets in place at work. I install security cameras and they have weather seals that fall out if you look at them. It is a constant struggle.

Unrelated to RC but we have issues keeping gaskets in place at work. I install security cameras and they have weather seals that fall out if you look at them. It is a constant struggle.
I hear that! I do water and sewer for a township. Between and the various types of pumps, motors, electrical’s, chemical pumps and tanks, it gets frustrating. Especially with my bear paws and cold weather haha. I always find a way to improvise. I can’t work with gloves half the time

I hear that! I do water and sewer for a township. Between and the various types of pumps, motors, electrical’s, chemical pumps and tanks, it gets frustrating. Especially with my bear paws and cold weather haha. I always find a way to improvise. I can’t work with gloves half the time
I wear gloves to pull wire or hang conduit, but once it comes to installing the camera or terminating cable, there zero chance i can wear any glove. 24awg wire is what we work with (CAT5E) and it get stiff in the cold. I sometimes warm it up with some heat to make it more pliable. Helps keep my fingers warmer too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back