Notorious Center diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of the power seems to go to the front wheels, what weight diff fluid is recommended, also, I broke both or the front body clip retainers on the first run, which kinda sucks
Stock is 100k cst and most people here got up to at least 500k cst. Some have said going higher than 500k cst doesn’t make a difference. Others swear that 2M cst is the way to go. I say buy some 500k cst and see how it runs. If it still seems like the front is diffing out, step up to 1M cst.

Stock is 100k cst and most people here got up to at least 500k cst. Some have said going higher than 500k cst doesn’t make a difference. Others swear that 2M cst is the way to go. I say buy some 500k cst and see how it runs. If it still seems like the front is diffing out, step up to 1M cst.
Ok, thanks!
I have no idea what brand of diff fluid it but, what would you recommend?

A lot of the power seems to go to the front wheels, what weight diff fluid is recommended, also, I broke both or the front body clip retainers on the first run, which kinda sucks
It's a little trial and error. 500 was to heavy for my liking, to much wheelies, and i went back to 200. Just try until it suits your driving style, there is no wrong or right. There are actually to many brands of silicon oil, we recently had a thread about that.
I believe the outcome was the Team Assocciated is the most consistent one.

Ok, thanks!
I have no idea what brand of diff fluid it but, what would you recommend?
Team Associated is the easy button answer, but anything made by Lucas is fine. I’ve never bought anything other than TA so I can’t endorse or critique them.

Pretty sure hes asking about a notorious... I personally like 50k front, 200k center, 100k rear... I don't mind 500k in the center after a few packs.. it seems to settle off a little after some use... it's a wheelie monster until it gets some use...I use traxxas fluids cause that's what my lhs has...

Like stated above there is no right or wrong answer, just have to try everything until you find the driving characteristics you like...

Do yourself a favor though and grab some diff gaskets, you will need them eventually, if not the first tear down...

150 or 200 is sweet in my outcast 18t pinion and punch on 9. To thick will be back wheels only but better for flips in the air. 60 in the front and ten in the rear. 65 r shocks 75 front ? it really does make a difference turning the difs to the way you want it

So I came home from school, and saw this 100k diff fluid leaked a little bit, I tightened the screws holding the diff together, is this okay?

So I came home from school, and saw this 100k diff fluid leaked a little bit, I tightened the screws holding the diff together, is this okay?
If it doesn't leak again it is. If it does then the gasket is probably defective. I own five 6s trucks and only one had a leaky center diff. I tightened the screws and it still leaked. I got new gaskets for free by calling Horizon and that fixes it. I'm sure someone will tell you it's the cup though. Start with the gasket if it still leaks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back