Limitless Center diff from infraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester194

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So it was recommended to me to put an infraction diff in my limitless for continuous runs by a member here, do any of you have a link to the excactly one I should get for it... There's about 20 choices with all different gearing and I have no idea what one

Do you have a Limitless V1 or V2? The diff linked above is a drop in for the V1 (or the 50T spur gear center diff). You might be able to find shafts that work if it’s a V2 as the spool is a Pinocchio type in the V2.

So it was recommended to me to put an infraction diff in my limitless for continuous runs by a member here, do any of you have a link to the excactly one I should get for it... There's about 20 choices with all different gearing and I have no idea what one
What do you mean by, “continuous runs”? Back to back speed runs or just street bashing?

Do you have a Limitless V1 or V2? The diff linked above is a drop in for the V1 (or the 50T spur gear center diff). You might be able to find shafts that work if it’s a V2 as the spool is a Pinocchio type in the V2.
Good call. I forget the V2 is different.

What do you mean by, “continuous runs”? Back to back speed runs or just street bashing?
Technical and Hoon/ drift type driving is served best with a Center diff in my V1 Lim. I swap them out depending. My Lim mostly speedruns though. Infraction gets a mix of driving.
I found even with the same final drive ratios, that the Spool gets me more speed versus using a Diff. I run 300k at center diff, with my Lim.
Just I prefer the Spool for Speed running hands down.

Is the v2 a substantial upgrade from the v1

Substantial is a bit subjective. If you're speed running then some of the changes make sense. If you're just bashing around it doesn't matter and a V1 configuration which allows you to drop in a center diff probably suits you better.

Yeah having the V2 Lim locks you into that stocker Pinnochio spool. Has to do with the unique shorter length of the rear drive shaft and the V2 chassis is drilled out for the motor and diff assy more rearward. To allow for longer motor cans to fit on the stock left hand side of the chassis.
A V1 Lim is basically a V1 Infraction drivetrain with a drop in center spool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back