Kraton Center diff help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I'm new to running a 1/5 scale truck but am having a blast with it. Today , I took apart and filled up the center diff with 20 million, put on a set of proline badlands,rpm a arms, 39,39 gearing,etc. I went outside and had about 6 min of total awesomeness when I lost the rear drive, I'm assuming the planetary gears,my question is will this keep happening or is there a better fix so it doesn't with all that power.

20220702_112704.jpg

20220702_120619.jpg

I'm new to running a 1/5 scale truck but am having a blast with it. Today , I took apart and filled up the center diff with 20 million, put on a set of proline badlands,rpm a arms, 39,39 gearing,etc. I went outside and had about 6 min of total awesomeness when I lost the rear drive, I'm assuming the planetary gears,my question is will this keep happening or is there a better fix so it doesn't with all that power.

View attachment 227227

View attachment 227228
It broke off all 4 screws

20220702_180756.jpg

Center diff screws broke after filling it full of 20mil? I bet they were compromised by taking them out without heating it up to loosen the locktite.

Center diff screws broke after filling it full of 20mil? I bet they were compromised by taking them out without heating it up to loosen the locktite.
They actually came out easy,I hit the brakes testing the new tires and it almost flipped the truck ,probably when it broke, I turned brakes from 50 down to 35

Arrma used M3 screws... should have been M4's. A common 8s diff issue for many. (n) The thicker you go with oil, the more of chance this will happen. Screws' heads shearing off. Perhaps even overtightening them may weaken the already undersized M3 screws in this 8s application. My thoughts.
I believe the Vitavon 8s alloy diff cups were working better for some 8s guys. :unsure: Check with your wallet.:giggle:
Search AF threads in regards.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back