Center diff internals options?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cconnj

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I'm in the process of doing a complete rebuild of my talion. Upgrading everything. I pulled the center diff apart to find it blown apart. Are there better rebuild products out there? Better gears etc? I'm already in deep, chassis swap, custom made parts, etc. so don't really care about the $$ at this point. I wanna build as solid of a car as possible. Thank you for any input or advice.

Attachments

• IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    240.8 KB · Views: 68
Did you shim those before? If not, you should. supposed to help longevity. What diff oil were you running?

This was stock out of the box. 2 batteries through. I'm rebuilding with Losi 20,000 diff oil. Why I'm thinking I should rebuild with something other than arrma parts. Thanks for the reply Josh

I'm in the process of doing a complete rebuild of my talion. Upgrading everything. I pulled the center diff apart to find it blown apart. Are there better rebuild products out there? Better gears etc? I'm already in deep, chassis swap, custom made parts, etc. so don't really care about the $$ at this point. I wanna build as solid of a car as possible. Thank you for any input or advice.
It may sound strange but the team corally Center diff is much better…. better out drives better internal pins and better sun gears … much more beefier stuff I think maybe a smaller planet gear aswell

You might want to try adding shims to the outside before inserting the output cups. I'm guessing when your landing jumps and stuff, the center shaft is pushing in on the cup which rams the pins into the back of those gears and splits them. If you put shims on the output shafts to remove any slop, it may help with that.

Could also get an alloy cup. The arrma 2 piece isn't bad as it uses a steel end cap for the output shaft vs other one piece ones that use aluminum for everything.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back