Infraction Center diff issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnotRocket68

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Team, i was bashing my new infraction yesterday. Example of my style of bashing.. high speed runs apporximately 200` long with hard core power slides at the end of each run. Doughnuts & major drifting. i am useing 2 - 3s 100c 8000mha Zeee batterys.
yesterday while doing some serious drifting the Center Diff came Apart. the yoke on the drum side of the diff came completely out of the diff. all the gears in the diff will not even come out as they are siezed... note they still spin in place just i cant get them to come out of the diff.
my question is... What caused this to happen. and how do i prevent it from happening again.

also do i run the risk of the fron and rear diffs coming apart in the same way ????

Hmm, I do the same style of bashing and this hasn't happened to me just yet.
As @Engineer stated, did you accidentally hit the handbrake under throttle? That is instant death.
What center diff fluid are you using?

This can only happen if it overheats (low on fluid) or something is blocking it. Maybe an internal gear or pin shattered or the deathbrake.
At any rate, upgrade to an Arrma alu center diff.

it was stock diff fluid and unfortunately i did not inspect it before i started Bashing, Lesson learend.
i geusse i need to service the front and rear also. with that being said. wht type & weight Diff do you suggest for some serious Drifting ??? as i run on asphalt and concrete only.
if i am not asking too much do they make diffs that will hanndle hard core Bashing without coming apart or sherring gears ???

I have yet to break anything on my Infraction besides front splitter from crahing into curbs. Stock is as bullet proof as you can make it but check your fluids.

I'm using 30k f/200k mid/ 50k rear.

Build with aluminum housing. Bullet proof if shimmed correctly

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back