Kraton center diff keeps breaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trickelitrick

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I'm enjoying my dear kraton so much...however....my center diff has broken twice in one week now, always the front output shaft that stops working, like if i remove the driveshaft i can just pull the front output shaft out of the diff. any ideas why this keeps happening and suggestions how to prevent it ? i think this is most likely to happen when driving on tarmac/asphalt. i am not hard to it on tarmac cause i just fixed the diff and didnt wanna go fix it again...heh got that in my face lol. please some protip would be very appreciated

So I'm enjoying my dear kraton so much...however....my center diff has broken twice in one week now, always the front output shaft that stops working, like if i remove the driveshaft i can just pull the front output shaft out of the diff. any ideas why this keeps happening and suggestions how to prevent it ? i think this is most likely to happen when driving on tarmac/asphalt. i am not hard to it on tarmac cause i just fixed the diff and didnt wanna go fix it again...heh got that in my face lol. please some protip would be very appreciated
Like this

Attachments

• 20160909_193128.jpg
    20160909_193128.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 86
Have you taken the diff apart and inspected the internals? Hard to tell if you are breaking the pin or missing it entirely??

Never breaking the pin...breaking the same gear both times, i will shim it i guess

Attachments

• 20160910_010009.jpg
    20160910_010009.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 63
Hmm.. I have broken the same gears twice on my front diff.. Not 100% sure why I was breaking them, I was thinking a combination of hard nose landings and impacts from my driveshafts.. Also my front input cup had slid off the pinion shaft a bit, could have been another reason. I have since shimmed it out and put 30k fluid in it, and no more breakages so far.. I'm not sure how you would break center gears though, maybe extreme chassis flex causing impacts from your center driveshafts? How hard do you run your Kraton?

Hmm.. I have broken the same gears twice on my front diff.. Not 100% sure why I was breaking them, I was thinking a combination of hard nose landings and impacts from my driveshafts.. Also my front input cup had slid off the pinion shaft a bit, could have been another reason. I have since shimmed it out and put 30k fluid in it, and no more breakages so far.. I'm not sure how you would break center gears though, maybe extreme chassis flex causing impacts from your center driveshafts? How hard do you run your Kraton?

I was testing new cam and i was pretty careful....watching the video afterward it happens when i wheelie in avg+ speed

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back