Kraton Center diff leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
changed my center diff oil to 100k after several runs it is leaking a lil, is this normal? or should I take apart to inspect gasket?

i filled mine up to leaked a bit for a few days then stopped. I prob overfilled it a tiny bit. mine was comming out the little screw but not the gasket area

Pretty common, if you loose any fluid it won't perform properly. We'll worth the upgrade to HR aluminum cup for $24.

Seems replacing with 100k or 200k is key to getting more power down to the rear and help with ballooning. Is it difficult to get to the center diff? I’m not too concerned with doing it as i tore apart and managed to get running a Traxxas mini-Summit, but my Kraton is only one run old and don’t want to have it on the Work bench for too long.

Can’t seem to find a video on the tear down. Please recommend One if you know of any for Kraton, Outcast or Talion. Thanks!

And should i go 100k or 200k in center?

Seems replacing with 100k or 200k is key to getting more power down to the rear and help with ballooning. Is it difficult to get to the center diff? I’m not too concerned with doing it as i tore apart and managed to get running a Traxxas mini-Summit, but my Kraton is only one run old and don’t want to have it on the Work bench for too long.

Can’t seem to find a video on the tear down. Please recommend One if you know of any for Kraton, Outcast or Talion. Thanks!

And should i go 100k or 200k in center?
It is shown on page 38 of the owners manual. It is like 8 or 9 screws to get the differential out. Just an FYI Arrma uses red thread locker on the metal to metal connections, like the motor mount for example. So you will probably need to heat these up to remove them.

The red thread locker sucks, but a little heat will loosen it up. My best tip for that though is to start with good tools. My MIP bits, held the screw well and allowed me to really crank on it until it broke loose. No heat needed. Your standard ALLEN WRENCHES are not any good for your RC cars.

My guess on the leakage, is the 4 screws holding the Spur gear to the Diff cup.

It is shown on page 38 of the owners manual. It is like 8 or 9 screws to get the differential out. Just an FYI Arrma uses red thread locker on the metal to metal connections, like the motor mount for example. So you will probably need to heat these up to remove them.
Thanks! I guess i should dig through the manual a little more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back