Center diff leaks on Outcast and Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandblaster

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
  7. Vorteks
Just purchased two Outcast and a Talion. All three center diff are leaking bad. Tried new o rigs on one, still leaks. Had expected better from Armma products by the reviews out there. Machine does not live up to reviews. What is the secret to keeping in the 7000 silicone lube in the diff?

They are leaking from the factory.

Just purchased two Outcast and a Talion. All three center diff are leaking bad. Tried new o rigs on one, still leaks. Had expected better from Armma products by the reviews out there. Machine does not live up to reviews. What is the secret to keeping in the 7000 silicone lube in the diff?
Did u grease the o ring ?
I had problems too ended up buying a HR diff housing greased the crap out of the ring hasn't leaked a drop !!

Yes I did. Didn't help first attempt. Trying 15000 instead of the 10000 on second attempt. Good to hear of your solution. Will look into it. Something sure defective to have 3 out of 3 leaking.

Take the diff apart and do the following:

- Check to see there is no flashing around the top of the diff cup where the gear/spur bolts on causing it to not quite seat correctly. Trim off with an exacto knife if necessary.

- Apply plenty of green slime to the o-rings.

- When putting on the paper gasket seal, prior to screwing on the gear/spur apply a light layer of black grease to the gasket to help form a better seal than a dry gasket.

- Ensure gear/spur is tightened evenly and runs true-straight.

Thanks for the information. They seem to be fixed. Several runs and no leaks so far. Replaced the plastic stand with the metal from Hot Racing. Leaks seems to have been caused by flex. The 4 screws were loose each time tore down for repair.

I've had the exact same problem since my first run. After every run diff fluid starts leaking out where the screws are located. I tighten the screws every time and then after the run they need to be tightened again. I just ordered a hot racing diff cup.

What is this green slime stuff your talking about putting on the o-rings and what is the black grease your referring to for the gasket?

1539518516797.png

I've now run my car about ~20 times with the hot racing aluminum diff cup and 1 million weight diff fluid (center diff only, front and rear are stock) and I no longer have any issues.

I've now run my car about ~20 times with the hot racing aluminum diff cup and 1 million weight diff fluid (center diff only, front and rear are stock) and I no longer have any issues.
Yeah !!! Nice work I love the HR diff cup. It seemed to solve a leak prob for me to. I also had probs with the stock one snapping the metal insert out. I just found that after time the HR cup wore out where the input shaft goes in apart from that there Awesome (y)

1,000,000 diff fluid doesn’t leak too easy;)

yeah, use 200k and a new gasket....I shimmed and did fluid on Talion the day I got it and have no leaking issues..May have been a factory mistake but that is not normal....Arrma stuff is usually done right....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back