Talion Center Diff Lock Spool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rigcheck

smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast!
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Notorious
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 3s
Good morning everyone, can someone explain what this part will do for my Talion . are there any advantages to be had apart from doing away with the centre diff? thank for any replies

Attachments

• Capture spool.PNG
    Capture spool.PNG
    234 KB · Views: 179
It will lock your front and rear to 50/50 output..
Front tyres wont baloon..
You will wheely at ease..
Handling will change drastically. will probably induce some understeer + snap oversteer? depending on the surface.
A lot more stress and possible potential for immediate diff failures if you land on a reasonable throttle percentage?

I'd only do it on a speed runner..

If just bashing I'd just go for a thicker centre diff oil, and experiment with viscosities until you find the sweet spot for you. Tunable improvements without all the fixed disadvantages of a locked spool.

Be interested to hear from people who run a locked centre though..

Last edited:
Yeah that’s a speed run only type upgrade. No off-road running or bashing with it. Also just to point out there is an upgraded version of that part. One with an aluminum sleeve to hold the one drive pin in instead of those crappy rubber o rings. If you’re looking to bash I’d start with 500k diff oil in the center ??

I broke the pin on that spool on first run doing donuts in street with my tp motor/xlx setup... They are not meant to be beat on.

Silicone earplugs in the center diff. Throw em in, supercompress them, give it a few runs, by that time they’ll be squished a little more so you can shove more in, and it locks it up real good while still providing slip when it’s absolutely necessary (one end of the truck gets locked up it’ll save the diff)

Silicone earplugs in the center diff. Throw em in, supercompress them, give it a few runs, by that time they’ll be squished a little more so you can shove more in, and it locks it up real good while still providing slip when it’s absolutely necessary (one end of the truck gets locked up it’ll save the diff)
WOW!

You can't bash with a spool without risking breaking the driveline. Asphalt running only.
Hi Ive been looking at videos and it dosent look like that HR spool is the only thing I need could you tell me what if any other parts I need ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back