Kraton center diff mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I would say the top brace for the center diff and the chassis brasses.

Well after testing today it did its job. Now the esc is acting stupid but ho bywing is going to replace it.

Now that you've had this mod for a minute, how is it holding up? I'm thinking of doing it after my center diff just blew apart and looks just like your pics IMAG0335.jpg

Hi

Probably the same reason they stopped making upgrades, No one knows and Arrma isn't talking.

mine has held up great so far I just had to sand the bottom down a little bit to get the top mount to fit snug and not open up after it gets hot. just check front to back movement and top to bottom movement to shoukd be straight and even movement if not sand bottom to get rid of or it will eat up diff housing at speed ( front bearing breakes off)

What's up guys, curious if you think failed/overheated bearing and/or small flexing of stock plastic led to the failures. I'm probably going to do this upgrade, but pictures reminded me of bearing failures melting plastic. Any thoughts/theories? I tend to upgrade when stock parts break or fail, but bash hard and don't want to wait and blow complete center diff first. PS I'm frigging loving the Outcast so much I'm planning to morph my Typhon into a SWB truggy setup. So much local terrain better suited for taller/wider platform! See "RC bashing the Kraton"s utube vids. Really dig his hybrid Outcast.

What's up guys, curious if you think failed/overheated bearing and/or small flexing of stock plastic led to the failures. I'm probably going to do this upgrade, but pictures reminded me of bearing failures melting plastic. Any thoughts/theories? I tend to upgrade when stock parts break or fail, but bash hard and don't want to wait and blow complete center diff first. PS I'm frigging loving the Outcast so much I'm planning to morph my Typhon into a SWB truggy setup. So much local terrain better suited for taller/wider platform! See "RC bashing the Kraton"s utube vids. Really dig his hybrid Outcast.
Yes,ruined one bearing and internal gears ,plus housing and believe it is the plastic mount responsible.

Yes,ruined one bearing and internal gears ,plus housing and believe it is the plastic mount responsible.
Thanks for reply, switched to Avid bearing a while back, may buy a Kraton roller and borrow motor mount to do this mod. Appreciate your thoughts on this, and happy bashing!

Thanks for reply, switched to Avid bearing a while back, may buy a Kraton roller and borrow motor mount to do this mod. Appreciate your thoughts on this, and happy bashing!
The bearing i had fail was a Fasteddy,second bearing to fall apart.

The bearing i had fail was a Fasteddy,second bearing to fall apart.
That sucks, kind of a which came first, the chicken or the egg. Maybe bearing went bad and toasted plastic, maybe plastic flexed allowing bearing to overload and fail. One thing I've noticed is I have to really press hard to seat bearing fully into motor mount side/diff output side after servicing center diff. Think I had ran stock bearings partially seated after first oil swap, fortunately it didn't slip/fail. Some of this crap is learn as you go and takes reflection/hindsight to guesstimate what's really going on...Lol. One things for sure, plastic support at center diff is probably barely adequate at best with big 6s power and hard driving/bashing.

I'm new to Arrma so I'm curious about yall's comment about them not making upgraded parts anymore. So I take it they used to? This is the one thing that kinda gave me concern about buying Arrma, but everyone seems happy with them so I'm in the market for a Kraton.

I'm new to Arrma so I'm curious about yall's comment about them not making upgraded parts anymore. So I take it they used to? This is the one thing that kinda gave me concern about buying Arrma, but everyone seems happy with them so I'm in the market for a Kraton.
By all accounts, Kraton is an absolute Beast, doesn't really need radical upgrades to be a great basher. Arrma is setting itself to dominate the 1/8 scale bashing seen. See WoodiE's sticky post under Kraton upgrades. Upgrading stems from people pushing things to the extreme and/or the simple enjoyment of working on these fine machines and wanting more performance or bulletproofing. I have 2 Typhon's, an Outcast, and just got a Kraton today because this brand rocks and leaves you smiling and wanting to bash more! My other brands tend to sit around a bit more now. Good luck with your choice of rig. You won't regret getting an Arrma.

By all accounts, Kraton is an absolute Beast, doesn't really need radical upgrades to be a great basher. Arrma is setting itself to dominate the 1/8 scale bashing seen. See WoodiE's sticky post under Kraton upgrades. Upgrading stems from people pushing things to the extreme and/or the simple enjoyment of working on these fine machines and wanting more performance or bulletproofing. I have 2 Typhon's, an Outcast, and just got a Kraton today because this brand rocks and leaves you smiling and wanting to bash more! My other brands tend to sit around a bit more now. Good luck with your choice of rig. You won't regret getting an Arrma.

One day I hope to have a collection like yours! I've decided I'm ordering me a Kraton tonight! Also ordering a set of the Proline Badlands MX. I grew up racing motocross so these tires will be right up my alley :) Have you had any issues with servos? I guess I'm going to go with the stock one for now.

One day I hope to have a collection like yours! I've decided I'm ordering me a Kraton tonight! Also ordering a set of the Proline Badlands MX. I grew up racing motocross so these tires will be right up my alley :) Have you had any issues with servos? I guess I'm going to go with the stock one for now.
Congrats on the Kraton, haven't had any servo issues, some guys are replacing the mount for aluminum. I too grew up riding/racing BMX and then MX, Badlands tires are definitely MX inspired and are great basher tires with total hook up. The Outcast tires are essentially large badland style and just roost crap everywhere. Enjoy your new beast when it arrives. I'd recommend reading the many great threads and forums here for fluid choices, gearing....etc. Lots of great people and info right here on Arrma Forum.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back