Kraton center diff mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsachevy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I was wounder if i cut an aluminum motor mount in half and use just the diff bearing side to hold the other side of the diff. Trying to replace the composite mount. It keeps warping out of shape and breaking the front of the diff housing
20151230_191401.jpg
1451532610369.jpg

Hi

It looks like cutting a aluminum motor mount in half will work, but I would get it off of eBay for $18 or $19 instead of paying almost $40 for a new one. Use this number AR310446 when you do a search on eBay. I would also like to say that was a pretty good idea, I'm sure a lot of people would never have thought about doing that.

Thanks im just tryin to bullet proof my setup. I was going to order the complete kit from ebay the motor mount and the 2 peice diff mount and just have extra

I will just waiting on the parts to get here. I think i might have to make the top peice out of some metal. I don't want any plastics on the diff holder it the weak point.

There's a thread somewhere with pics and or video of someone who has done this . If i come across it again I'll post it to help other users that want to do this .

Hi

Here is something to take a look at. Go about half down the page and take a look at the chassis layout and the diff support assembly, "Does it look familiar to you".

http://ofna.com/gtv2e.php

Hi

Here is something to take a look at. Go about half down the page and take a look at the chassis layout and the diff support assembly, "Does it look familiar to you".

http://ofna.com/gtv2e.php
I look at it and that was the ideal i had just don't know what the spec for the bearing and bolt hole placement . My boy as a ofna hyper 7 1/8 scale buggy and that where i got the ideal from. The peices should be here next week. Cant wait

Hi

I looked up the bearings and it turns out there the same size.

Ebay confirmed he sent it out yesterday should be here late next week. He toom the money and waited to send the part out. Guess he was mad when i called his phone and was asking whats taking so long

Parts just arrived today. Got to go buy a new dremell today and new cut off wheel. I will be running 28/46 this weekend have to dremell out the slot to get it to fit

A tekin t8 2650 and a hobbywing xerun 150a 2 3s 5700 mah 80c hardcase. Right now its a 26/46

I made it tonight looks a little ruff. I'll clean it up after i put it through a couple of packs. The roll cage fits with little modification.
20160115_210138.jpg
20160115_214816.jpg
20160115_214805.jpg

Hi

It looks like that upgrade fits pretty good. Hopefully that will fix the braking diff case problem.

Hi

It looks like that upgrade fits pretty good. Hopefully that will fix the braking diff case problem.
I might have to shave the inside part down just a little bit to have just a bit more space. It was a pretty easy mod to do and if it works ima have them cut at the machine shop. What other parts should i have made. Im thinking of replacing all the plastic peice with metal just to stunt and be shinny

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back